Scott Barzilla of Battle Red Blog was nice enough to answer 5 questions about his Houston Texans ahead of today’s game:
1. How do you feel about the Texans chances of winning the division with two games left to play?
I don’t think they win the division. I think a split in the next two games is the most likely result. I see the Colts and Jags right there back and forth. I think the Texans have too many injuries to sweep the next two.
2. Amari Cooper crushed me in fantasy football last week. What went wrong there last week?
It’s high time the Texans start treating Derek Stingley like a shut down corner. He needs to be on the other team’s number one guy no questions asked. Instead, they put Nelson and their backups on him most of the time. I’m not sure why they did that. Stingley shut down Hopkins, so I have total faith in his abilities. Steven Nelson has been more up and down.
3. What is the biggest need the Texans will have heading into the offseason?
The Texans could have as much as 100 million in free agency dollars to spend. They need to upgrade the center and left guard positions somehow. They could really use a better number two/three receiver and a better complement to Devin Singletary at running back. More than anything; this season has shown a need for depth at every spot as we have dealt with more injuries than most teams.
4. Which AFC South team do you fear the most in the next 5 years?
That’s an excellent question. I feel like the Colts are always a quarterback away. If Richardson can stay healthy he might be that guy. I feel like Vrabel gets more out of what he has than everyone but he needs the right GM to give him more. They are clearly in transition but could very well be great towards the end of that five year period. I think Trevor (Sunshine) Lawrence is just good enough to keep his job and not good enough to win the big game.
5. The Texans are currently favored by 3.5 and the total sits at 42.5 at DraftKings Sportsbook. What is your favorite bet and how do you see this one playing out?
I’ll take the Texans in this one. I’ll begrudgingly bet the Titans to cover and go the under. 21-17 feels like a good final to me. I think we’ve shown we can run on the Titans. I think the over on Devin Singletary rushing yards is a good bet as well.
A huge thanks to Scott for taking the time to give us some insight into what is going on down in Houston.