Mike Vrabel had a press conference this morning. It was the first time he has talked to the media since the report yesterday that the Titans had three players test positive for COVID-19. They had one additional positive test today. We also had news this morning that the game against the Steelers has been postponed to either Monday or Tuesday.
Here are some of the takeaways from Vrabel’s presser:
- Injured players can get treatment at the facility. There are limited trainers and players in at one time. Everyone that is in the facility is required to wear a mask and a faceshield.
- Vrabel said the Saturday report about when the Titans can get back in the building isn’t necessarily true. It could be sooner or later.
- The players have told Vrabel they are ready to play whenever the league tells them to play. We saw that from Rodger Saffold and Taylor Lewan on Twitter yesterday.
- The Titans are working to bring in another long-snapper. That can’t be an easy process.
- As you would expect, Vrabel is not going to let any of this be an excuse for whatever happens on the field against the Steelers.
- Some players who have tested positive are showing “flu-like” symptoms.