Based on some of the feedback I have seen on the first two approval polls, Amy Adams Strunk and Jon Robinson, I have decided to change the polls up going forward. Instead of voting simply yes or no to approval, you will have the option to vote for a letter grade. That does seem to be a better process.
It would be hard for me to give Mike Vrabel anything less than an “A” for his first year as the Titans head coach. He faced the most bizarre set of circumstances that I can ever remember in an NFL season and still led the team to a 9-7 record. If you have forgotten all of the things that happened, let me remind you:
- Lost their best offensive player, Delanie Walker, in week 1
- Had his starting quarterback injured in that same week 1 game that, oh by the way, lasted 7+ hours because of multiple weather delays
- His starting QB played less than 100% in the majority of the games he did play in
- Won a week 2 game against the Texans without his top 3 offensive tackles
- Played the majority of the year without his starting right tackle being 100%
- Had his defensive coordinator rushed to the hospital in the middle of a game
- Lost his back-up tight end to a season ending injury in week 14
- Lost his 2 best defensive players ahead of a “win and in” game against the Colts
It’s a tough ask for any coach to endure all of that, but especially tough for a first year head coach.
But hey, give him the grade you see fit.
Grade Mike Vrabel’s first year as head coach
This poll is closed