#8 Miami vs. #25 LSU 7:30 PM ABC
Location: AT&T Stadium aka Jerry World
- The Hurricanes and Tigers travel to Jerry World to do battle. Miami is the favorite to win the ACC Coastal division in 2018. LSU isn’t favored to win their division thanks to some program in Tuscaloosa, AL. LSU has some coaching controversy as they replaced one of their better OCs with what seems like a yes man. Ed Orgeron needs to win and win big immediately or he’ll be on the hot seat. Both teams feature top defenses that are littered with future pros and offenses that can just barely get it done. It will be interesting to see which Miami QB Malik Rosier shows up. The not so bad one or the terrible one that finished the year? Miami wins in an away game for this one.
Miami prospects to watch
1. Jaquan Johnson 5’11 190 S Senior
- Johnson is one of the best safeties in the class that hardly anyone talks about. He’s been at Miami for a long time now. Was one of the best safeties last year in the entire ACC and three of them got drafted within the first two rounds in 2018. A guy who’s seemingly always around the ball. Tackling fundamentals are on point. Football IQ is a plus.
2. Ahmonn Richards 6’1 190 WR Junior
- Richards was a sensation as a freshman before getting hurt as a sophomore. He was very inconsistent as a sophomore due to injuries. An elite athlete that can run routes proficiently sound. He’s very good at just finding the open space and utilizing every bit of his talent. Deep threat. Could one of the better receivers in the country if he can stay healthy.
3. Tyree St. Louis 6’5 305 OT Senior
- Underrated tackle prospect that has been on the radar for a couple of years now. Versatile enough to play both tackle positions. Will play left tackle as senior.
4. Michael Pinckney 6’1 220 LB Junior
- One of the best linebackers in the ACC. Undersized, yes but so are the times of the NFL in regards to the position. Can cover sideline to sideline with the best. Football IQ is a plus. The frame questions will cause some pause for teams as he gets lost in the wash quite frequently.
LSU prospects to watch
1. Greedy Williams 6’1 182 CB RS Sophomore
- Williams is the best corner in the country and it isn’t close. He has the speed and athleticism thing down pat along with the height. Lateral agility is a major plus. Can keep up with any receiver in the nation.
2. Devin White 6’0 240 LB Junior
- Next man up to take the star linebacker turn in Baton Rouge before going pro. White has flashed a bunch over his first two years. He’s now the leader of the defense. Height may be an issue at the next level but the athleticism isn’t. Plus character and work ethic.