- The Browns snatched up Nick Chubb early in the second round, another good pick for them. I am not used to liking Cleveland Browns drafts. This is an unusual feeling.
- The Bears were likely disappointed to miss out on Quenton Nelson in the first round, but James Daniels in the second round is a great consolation prize. Rumours were that he dropped due to some injury questions. I was never high on Mitchell Trubisky last year, but I am really excited to see what happens with this Bears offense. Matt Nagy and Mark Helfrich have tons of weapons now and that will give Trubisky a tremendous shot at success.
- Harold Landry is a perfect for the Titans defense. He was always the ideal 3-4 edge rusher for me. Lean, fast, good dip move. I said it yesterday but what this Titans draft has told me is that this team wants to rush the passer a lot better than last year.
- The Green Bay Packers came out of the first two days with Jaire Alexander, Josh Jackson and New Orleans’ 2019 first round pick. Wow. They were doing well with Alexander and the 2019 first, but having Jackson fall to the second round was a gift. Perfect fit for a team in need of defensive help.
- I am so, so thankful the Jacksonville Jaguars passed on a QB in the first round. The rest of that roster was already strong, and adding WR DJ Chark (2nd round) and S Ronnie Harrison (3rd) just solidifies that.
- What do you expect out of Mason Rudolph? His grades have been all over the place. He was in contention to go in the late first apparently, but Pittsburgh scooped him up in the third round. I think he has a really strong chance to surprise.
- This is a repeat from yesterday: I still have no idea what the Oakland Raiders are doing. They’ve added Kolton Miller (1st), PJ Hall (2nd), Brandon Parker (3rd) and Arden Key (3rd). Does Jon Gruden really trust Key?
- Maurice Hurst must have been failed medically by almost every team. This isn’t a typical first round talent fall. He was just too good in college.