We’ve got just a few weeks left in the 2018 NFL season, and the NFL Draft is right around the corner. If you love the Titans — and we’re assuming you do, if you’re reading this — it’s a great time to join our team.
Music City Miracles is hiring a contributor to help us cover the Titans for the rest of this season and beyond. If this intrigues you, keep reading to find out if you’re the perfect fit.
What are we looking for?
We’re looking for writers who are passionate about football, the NFL Draft, and the Titans, and who understand the intricacies of football and can communicate them clearly in writing.
This is a part-time, remote contractor position paid with a monthly stipend.
What qualifications should you have?
Our best candidates will:
- Have a passion for and a depth of knowledge about the Titans.
- Already enjoy reading and commenting in the Music City Miracles community.
- Enjoy writing about the NFL Draft, whether that’s prospect analysis, projections, or other angles.
- Be reliable and motivated.
- Be capable of producing clean copy and don’t need much supplemental editing.
- Be self-starters and comfortable working in a remote environment.
- Be available and willing to help with some Titans coverage on game days.
- Some previous writing experience is preferred.
How do you apply?
Send a cover letter, resume detailing any previous writing experience, and an NFL Draft or football-related writing sample to Jeanna Thomas, SB Nation’s talent manager for team brands, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application will not be considered if you do not submit all three items. If you do not have an existing football-related writing sample, just write up something short about the Titans to include with your application.
SB Nation and Music City Miracles are dedicated to bringing you coverage of the Titans from a diverse array of voices and writers of all backgrounds. If your qualifications and experience do not perfectly align with everything we’re looking for, but you believe you have the potential to thrive in this role, we encourage you to apply.