Clemson at Florida State NOON ABC
- The Tigers pay a visit to Tallahassee to face off against once was a great rivalry game. Clemson has won four straight against the Seminoles. The Tigers are in great position to win another one. They are coming off a dominant win over NC State last week while the Noles are coming off an inconsistent win over Wake Forest. Can the Noles hang around against the powerhouse Tigers and shock the world?
Clemson prospects to watch
1. Mitch Hyatt 6’5 305 OT Senior
- Hyatt is finally a senior this year after starting as a true freshman. He has dropped off very little in that span of time. Considered to be one of the better tackle prospects in the class. Has experienced nearly everything college football has to offer. Big game player.
2. Dexter Lawrence 6’4 340 DT Junior
- The “other” five star guy in Ed Oliver’s class is no slouch himself. Lawrence is a notch below Oliver but is a talented prospect that has supreme athleticism and has been tutored by one of the best defensive coordinators in college football. He should be a near lock to declare for the draft.
3. Christian Wilkins 6’4 300 DT Senior
- The leader of the vaunted Tigers defensive line that could see the entire unit drafted in the first three rounds. A former five star recruit that developed nicely. An athletic force at the defensive tackle position. Has experience playing edge rusher at times.
4. Clelin Ferrell 6’5 260 EDGE Junior
- Ferrell could be the best of the bunch. He’s one of the best edge rushers in the entire class, let alone the ACC. Fundamentally sound. Knows what he’s doing with an impressive array of moves. Frame is a major plus. Could have outright challenged Bradley Chubb as the premier pass rusher in the country last year.
Florida State prospects to watch
1. Brian Burns 6’5 231 EDGE Junior
- Josh Sweat who? Burns has been one of the premier EDGE defenders in the country for the past two years. A long and lanky defender that could add some weight. A pass rush terror when he’s on. He has nine sacks on the season thus far. Openly states that he wants to break the single season school record for sacks held by Seminoles legend Peter Boulware of 18.
2. Demarcus Christmas 6’4 308 DT RS Senior
- The long line of standout FSU defensive tackles continues. Christmas is the latest. He could have gone pro as a RS Junior and could’ve gotten drafted in the middle rounds. He’s a bit underrated due to the strength of the defensive line class. A strong run defender who can also rush the passer in bursts.
Texas Tech at Iowa State NOON ESPN2
- The Red Raiders go to a rowdy Ames and take on the Cyclones. The Red Raiders defeated Kansas last week while Iowa State had a bye after defeating West Virginia. Can the Red Raiders defense get enough stops against David Montgomery to get their potent offense on the field? Iowa State has a standout jump ball specialist receiver in Hakeem Bailey.
Texas Tech prospect to watch
1. T.J. Vasher 6’6 190 WR RS Sophomore
- Great route runner. Excellent catch radius given his size. Deceptive athleticism and deep speed. Had an incredible catch to open the 2018 season. Relatively inexperienced. Still developing as a prospect.
Iowa State prospect to watch
1. David Montgomery 5’11 216 RB Junior
- Montgomery could be the best running back in the class. He has elite footwork in both the run and pass game. Can make defenders miss with regularity. Not afraid to mix it up and run through defenses to get those extra yards. One cut and go. Lateral agility is a major plus. Speed is a question as he doesn’t really run away from defenders. Decent route runner. He had an outstanding game against West Virginia. Has been hurt a bit this season. A workhorse.
#9 Florida at #7 Georgia 3:30 PM CBS
- This rivalry game could define the college football season as it has massive playoff ramifications. Florida is coming off a wild win over Vandy in which they needed all four quarters. Georgia had a bye week to lick their wounds after being dominated by LSU in Baton Rouge. Who will take over the SEC East race with a win? Can the Dawgs rebound after such a demoralizing loss? Can the Gators keep up their hot streak?
Florida prospects to watch
1. Jachai Polite 6’2 260 EDGE Junior
- Polite has been a major surprise for the resurgent Gators defense. He’s rising up the boards rapidly in 2018. Athleticism is a major plus. Fundamentally raw as he is relatively inexperienced as a junior. Improving every week as he gains experience.
2. Van Jefferson 6’1 195 WR RS Junior
- Jefferson is a familiar face in the SEC as he transferred from Ole Miss and was given immediate eligibility to play by the NCAA due to scandal. He’s a solid receiver prospect that is likely to go pro. The Gators’ main receiving weapon.
3. Martez Ivey 6’5 315 OL Senior
- Ivey is finally a senior this season after starting as a freshman. He currently starts as a tackle for Florida but profiles better as a guard at the next level.
Georgia prospects to watch
1. Deandre Baker 5’11 180 CB Senior
- It can be argued that Baker is the best cornerback prospect in the class. He’s always around the ball it seems. Plays hard every play. Has great athleticism and generally keeps up with opposing receivers. Ball skills are improving. Fundamentally sound.
2. J.R. Reed 6’0 195 S RS Junior
- The fearless leader of the secondary. Fundamentally sound as most defenders are under HC Kirby Smart and DC Mel Tucker. Knows how to wrap up and make the right reads in pass coverage. Ideally suited for a box safety role at the next level.
3. D’Andre Walker 6’2 240 EDGE Senior
- Walker has been a revelation this season as he’s the leading force off the edge for the Dogs. Work ethic is a plus. Frame is another. He’s very well coached. Finally showing out as a senior after sitting behind major NFL talent. Georgia’s leader in sacks.
Arizona State at USC 3:30 PM ABC/ESPN2
- Sparky goes on the road to take on a wounded Trojans squad missing their top two quarterbacks. USC got dominated by Utah last week, losing not only the game but freshman QB JT Daniels. Arizona State is coming off a loss to Stanford. Can USC have its third string QB ready to play a surprisingly game Sun Devils defense?
Arizona State prospect to watch
1. N’Keal Harry 6’3 216 Junior Arizona State
- Harry is the WR1 in this year’s class, no questions asked. This is true especially after Ole Miss WR D.K. Metcalf went down with a neck injury. Harry is a big physical target for the Sun Devils and should warrant all the attention. He has made several highlight reel catches so far. The physical measurements are elite. We will see how he tests in the offseason at the Combine and at Pro Day. Should come out as a junior.
USC prospects to watch
1. Cameron Smith 6’1 250 LB Senior
- Smith is finally a senior after what seems like a lengthy career in LA. One of the best inside linebackers in the class. Football IQ is a plus. Athleticism is a plus as well. The medical history isn’t a good one to say the least. He missed a ton of time with a knee injury during his career. The heartbeat of the Trojans defense. The medical will be a key with him.
2. Iman Marshall 6’0 205 Senior USC
- Athleticism is a huge plus. Work ethic and character are pluses as well. Has the speed and agility to keep up with the fastest receivers. He’s been inconsistent thus far in his career.
3. Marvell Tell 6’2 195 S Senior
- Tell is one of the best safety prospects in the conference that has some pretty solid talent. His game is better suited at box safety than as a pass defender. Physical presence at the point of attack. Fundamentals are somewhat there but very inconsistent.
#12 Kentucky at Missouri 4 PM SEC Network
- The still top 15 ranked Wildcats travel to Columbia to visit the rocks in the end zone. Kentucky could have the lead in the SEC East race should Florida win by virtue of beating Florida head to head. They are an effective 0 in the passing game while Missouri has plenty of weapons in that department. Missouri is coming off a blowout win over Memphis. Can Kentucky keep pace in the SEC East?
Kentucky prospects to watch
1. Josh Allen 6’4 230 EDGE Senior
- He’s a pretty good athlete for the position and should test well. Flashed a ton of potential over the past few weeks. Can set the edge and play the run well. Not the most fundamentally sound but is improving.
2. Benny Snell 5’10 223 RB Junior
- Snell is probably the most underrated running back in the country due to the depth of the class and the program he plays for. A physical power back that can pound the rock at least 30 times without fatigue. Pass blocking is a plus. Vision and IQ are a plus as well. Rarely has yards for loss on his resume.
Missouri prospects to watch
1. Terry Beckner 6’3 305 DT Senior
- He’s a major talent at the defensive tackle position but the medical history is a giant red flag as he’s torn ligaments in BOTH knees. An impactful run stopper with some pass rush ability. I’d consider him in the sixth round at the earliest due to the medic
2. Albert Okwuegbunam 6’5 260 TE RS Sophomore
- Albert O could have a case of being the most underrated tight end prospect in the class. He should test well in the offseason should he declare for the draft. He could be the best TE next year if he chooses to stay.
#16 Texas A&M at Mississippi State 7 PM ESPN
- Jimbo takes his Aggies to mad Starkville to take on a reeling Bulldogs team. The Aggies are coming off a win over South Carolina while Miss State essentially ran the triple option against the LSU defense to little effect. Can the Bulldogs find some passing offense to keep up with the Aggies?
Texas A&M prospects to watch
1. Daylon Mack 6’0 320 DL Senior
- Mack is finally a senior this year. Hasn’t really lived up to his five star billing but that could be placed at the feet of an incompetent coaching staff. Has been a breath of fresh air as a senior thus far under the tutelage of DC Mike Elko. A physical force in the middle of the line. Underrated athlete. Power is the name of his game.
2. Trayveon Williams 5’9 200 RB Junior
- Williams is an experienced SEC back that can catch out of the backfield with the best of them. He has the athleticism and an improved vision to see the angles and holes opening up. Has picked up injuries here and there on a consistent basis.
Mississippi State prospects to watch
1. Jeffery Simmons 6’3 301 DT Junior
- DT2. He’s one of the best defensive tackles in the country and should declare as a junior. A beast in the middle that can impact games. A power game. Capable pass rusher with an arsenal of moves. Best DT not named Ed Oliver. He’s that good. There was a brief time where his eligibility was threatened due to an off field issue involving violence towards women but he has been a model citizen in the time since.
2. Montez Sweat 6’5 241 EDGE Senior
- We have another Sweat named edge defender that’s one of the best in the nation. A fundamentally sound pass and run defender. Athleticism is a plus. Character and work ethic are a plus as well. He’s one of the best in a strong DL class.
#6 Texas at Oklahoma State 8 PM ABC
- The well rested sixth ranked Longhorns are coming off a bye after struggling with Baylor. Okie State is coming off a loss to Kansas State. Can the Cowboys find a way to spoil Texas’ dreams of pulling off the Oklahoma double? Will the Longhorns keep it going? Texas will likely have QB Sam Ehlinger back from injury suffered against Baylor.
Texas prospects to watch
1. Kris Boyd 6’0 195 CB Senior
- The leader of a resurgent Horns secondary. A dominant playmaker. Size and speed are a plus. Has been excellent thus far into the 2018 season. One of the best corners in the nation.
2. Breckyn Hager 6’3 255 EDGE Senior
- Hager transitioned to an edge role after playing mainly as a linebacker his first three years. Speed and athleticism are above average. He has been largely absent of any big plays so far into the 2018 season for some unknown reason. A bowling ball of relentless energy.
3. Collin Johnson 6’6 215 WR Junior
- The Horns’ jump ball specialist. Route running is just average but he uses his size well to box out defenders to make a tough catch. The main target for the QB but QB issues have prevented him from being the true dominant threat he could become. A willing blocker most of the time. He has made the spectacular catch routine.
4. Brandon Jones 6’0 205 S Junior
- Jones is a safety prospect that no one talks about nationally. He’s an intriguing talent that had to grow up in a hurry due to various reasons. Had some growing pains due to being on the field so early into his career but has matured. A ball hawk.
5. Gary Johnson 6’0 225 LB Senior
- A player that is always around the ball it seems. He’s risen up the boards rapidly during his senior season. A bit undersized for the linebacker position. Football IQ is a plus and is very fundamentally sound. Outstanding as a junior but has elevated his play as a senior.
Oklahoma State prospect to watch
1. Justice Hill 5’10 190 RB Junior
- Hill is the main guy on the Cowboys offense as a junior after waiting his turn behind Mason Rudolph and the receivers. He’s one of the best backs in the nation. Lateral agility is a plus. Vision is up there with the best.
Bonus games to watch
#18 Iowa at #17 Penn State 3:30 PM ESPN
- Iowa TE Noah Fant is the best TE prospect in the country. The Titans have an opening at the position.
Tennessee at South Carolina 7:30 PM SEC Network
- Can the Vols collect themselves after being beat down by Bama?
#3 Notre Dame at Navy 8 PM CBS
- Notre Dame begins a grueling travel schedule by going to San Diego before ending up in Los Angeles at the end of the season.