The final day of practices was completed yesterday and all that’s left is the game itself. Minus the two coaching staffs that are coaching in the game, most of the teams have returned to their home bases. Which prospects put on a show and which ones did not?
Tony Pauline of DraftAnalysts has some Day 3 risers
Joe Marino of NDT Scouting writes about some prospects having good weeks
Jonah Tuls of NDT Scouting has some Day 3 winners
Mr. Galko posts about the North winners from Day 3
In addition, EG has the South recaps
Mike Mayock has his thoughts about the week
The excellent crew at Moving the Sticks share their thoughts on Day 3
From the Twitters
Penn State CB Christian Campbell has been an outright eraser these last two days at the Senior Bowl. A lot to like here: pic.twitter.com/AUirUUadB8— Joe Buscaglia (@JoeBuscaglia) January 25, 2018
Can we talk about Will Hernandez's game speed for a dude who's 6-2 3-freaking-40? LG #76, gets his pop and leads Wadley. pic.twitter.com/OyEiwcNWHd— Zach Goodall (@zach_goodall) January 25, 2018
Cedrick Wilson is smooooooooth pic.twitter.com/ho2g2bSApA— Josh Norris (@JoshNorris) January 25, 2018
Titans related news
By quick glance I would say the Tennessee Titans are the most well represented on the final day of #SeniorBowl practice.— Tony Pauline (@TonyPauline) January 25, 2018
- Jaylen Samuels (NC State RB) is a tremendous athlete. He would be best suited as a slot receiver and part time running back. He was beating everyone this week.
- Troy Fumagalli (Wisconsin TE) is what he is at this point. He’s extremely slow like a offensive lineman trying to run routes. I’ve seen multiple times where his lack of speed allowed the defender to catch up and make a play on the ball.
- Durham Smythe (Notre Dame TE) is having a good week. He beat his defender twice. Showed good strength in outmuscling his opponent for a 50-50 ball.
- Mike Gesicki (Penn State TE) is a huge mismatch as a receiver. He has a lot of quickness. Showed out yesterday. Arguably the best tight end in Mobile.
- Cedrick Wilson (Boise State WR) is making a lot of money this week. He’s a speed demon with great route running ability. He’s very smooth and there are no wasted steps. Do I want the Titans to draft him? YES.
- Are we sure that Braxton Berrios (Miami WR) didn’t ever suit up for Jim Larranaga’s hoops team at Miami? He was breaking ankles and making defenders look foolish like Kyrie Irving. Excellent slot value.
- Daesean Hamilton (Penn State WR) is Daesean Hamilton things AGAIN. What a beast.
- Nice to see you finally, Marcus Davenport (UTSA DE). He has had an up and down week but really flashed on Day 3. Beat his guy in team drills soundly repeatedly.
- Da’Shawn Hand (Alabama DE) is a pretty good prospect when not facing Isaiah Wynn. He crushed the pocket at least twice in team drills.
- Well hello there, DJ Chark (LSU WR). He’s fast.
- Of the QBs on both rosters, I feel that Baker Mayfield is the most talented and had the best week there. I saw some good things from Mike White (WKU) and Brandon Silvers (Troy) to make me go back and look at their film.
- I’ll have a Top 5 style big board position by position in the coming weeks.
- As expected, the defensive line from both sides won the week overall against the offensive line.
- Keep an eye out on Nathan Shepard, the defensive tackle from Fort Hayes. He was having a solid week until injury.
- Will Hernandez (UTEP G) is one of the best guards in the class. THis week just solidified things.