Day 2 of Senior Bowl practices has been completed. Day 2 usually brings out the first of two full pads practices. Which prospects stood out? Who needs some work to recover their stock? Prospects have one more day of practice and the game to impress everyone in attendance. I watched quite a bit of the televised practices on NFL Network when I had a spare moment or three.
Tony Pauline of DraftAnalyst has a post up about Day 2 buzz causing prospects
Jonah Tuls of NDT Scouting has his Day 2 winners
Eric Galko of Optimum Scouting writes about Day 2 standouts from the North practice.
Galko also has Day 2 standouts from the South practice
Joe Marino of NDT Scouting has rapid reactions from Day 2
Moving The Sticks (best draft pod, IMO) have their thoughts on Day 2 practices
Charlie Campbell of Walterfootball pontificates on who stood out at the North practice
From the Twitters
#PennState WR DaeSean Hamilton runs maybe the best routes here. Few, if any, wasted steps as he eats cushion, and his body is always in sync.— Eric Galko (@OptimumScouting) January 24, 2018
He’s building off great Shrine Game practices from last week.
Isaiah Wynn v Da'Shawn Hand pic.twitter.com/OEMBdYbQho— John Sheeran (@John__Sheeran) January 24, 2018
DaeSean Hamilton continues his assault on the #SeniorBowl Cornerbacks— Brad Kelly (@BradKelly17) January 24, 2018
Stutter release double move with headgear flashing to QB forces DB into a speed turn then creates a ton of separation pic.twitter.com/dFyRfJT5XR
#SeniorBowl Day 2 South “Winners”:#Richmond QB Kyle Lauletta#LSU RB Darrel Williams#OKState WR James Washington@ncatsuaggies OT Brandon Parker#Virginia DT Andrew Brown#Clemson LB Dorian O’Daniel#Auburn SAF Tre Matthews— Eric Galko (@OptimumScouting) January 24, 2018
#SeniorBowl Day 2 North “Winners”#Wyoming QB Josh Allen#PennState WR DaeSean Hamilton#CSURams WR Michael Gallup#UTEP OG Will Hernandez#NCState DTs Justin Jones + BJ Hill#Rutgers DE Kemoko Turay— Eric Galko (@OptimumScouting) January 24, 2018
Penn State CB Christian Campbell
Boise State @BroncoSportsFB WR Cedrick Wilson averaged the 7th-highest yards per route run among senior WRs this past season, showing off impressive moves on Day 2 of the #SeniorBowl pic.twitter.com/4WD25PtcTu— PFF Draft (@PFF_College) January 24, 2018
The good news for Fort Hays State DT Nathan Shepherd, a Senior Bowl standout before breaking his hand today: It’s a second metacarpal spiral fracture, source said. No surgery. Heal in 2-3 weeks. Should be ready for most drills at the combine.— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) January 25, 2018
- Christian Campbell (Penn State CB) put on a show today. He nabbed a nifty pick of Tanner Lee in team drills. Excelled in coverage. Sticky coverage on nearly every receiver he faced. Read and react plus.
- Cedrick Wilson (Boise State WR) is a baller. He’s been great at the deep ball. Routinely beat his guy in deep shots. Route running was on point. Yet Wilson could be the third best receiver on his OWN TEAM.
- Allen Lazard (Iowa State WR) needs to pull a reverse Devin Funchess. He looked slow out of his break and allowed corners to catch up to his routes.
- Michael Gallup (Colorado State WR) had a mixed day. Lost one rep but came back with solid showing
- Daesean Hamilton (Penn State WR) is a beast. He’s just not nice to the North defenders. Second best receiver on the team. Route running is elite stuff. Has been a meteoric rise up the boards for him.
- James Washington (Oklahoma State WR) doing James Washington things. That is all.
- Isaiah Wynn (UGA OL) had 3 wins against the DL in one on ones and 0 losses. He’s a monster. Outstanding week so far. Hasn’t dropped a rep. Best OL in Mobile and it isn’t close, either.
- Joe Noteboom (TCU OT) won one against Marcus Davenport and lost one against Marquis Haynes.
- Alex Cappa (Humboldt State OL) had a good day. Won two and lost one by my count.
- Andrew Brown (Virginia DT) set up headquarters in the South backfield and never left.
- Ito Smith (Southern Miss RB) showed good quickness and escaped a closing defense on some occasions.
- Poor Rashaad Penny (SDSU RB), he got lit up by an Auburn defender two days in a row.
- Lateral agility may be an issue for these corners as I saw a ton of easy outs and slants.
- Josh Allen (Wyoming QB). Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane. Has a rocket arm but doesn’t know how to use it properly.
- Tanner Lee (Nebraska QB). Why is he even here? Dude looks completely out of place. Noticed that his footwork is sloppy and arm isn’t good enough.
- The wide receivers on both sides are insanely talented. Don’t worry, folks. This class has plenty of talent even after an exodus the past couple of years.
- My favorite drill is the OL vs DL one on ones. Don’t @ me.
- As expected, the defensive ends on the North team are just crazy good. Straight punking the OL they face.