As always, you can find the west coast games analysis / previews here
#24 Mississippi State at #13 Auburn 6 PM ESPN
- The Bulldogs travel to the Plains and take on the high flying Tigers offense. Auburn is coming off a resounding victory over Mizzou while Miss State was non competitive against Georgia. Not really new news but Auburn is missing former five star DE Bryan Cowart due to willful departure from the team. #HailState was garnering some hype until Georgia rolled around and ended it. Auburn is 3-1 with the lone loss being Clemson in which the orange and white Tigers had their way with the blue and orange versions. Jarrett Stidham needs a big game to get back on track. Cowbell or War Eagle?
Miss State prospect to watch
1. Nick Fitzgerald 6'5 230 QB Junior
- Fitzgerald isn't the most pro ready quarterback but has a ton of athleticism that just pops off the screen. Improved as a passer but can go back to really funky fundamentals at times. Has a rocket arm that can make all the throws. The question is, can he rein in the arm and not be so scatter shot with it? Needs to return to school and shore up the fundamentals a bit.
Auburn prospects to watch
1. Jarrett Stidham 6'3 214 QB Junior
- The much ballyhooed former five star prospect has looked, well, not so five star quality in 2017. Clemson triggered something that needs to be reversed and quickly. It appears that he has become gun shy and looking to run from clean pockets. He transferred from a junior college after leaving Baylor for a myriad of reasons. Underrated athlete with a big arm.
2. Kamryn Pettway 6'0 236 RB RS Sophomore
- Pettway is a big bruiser with a lot of strength and power to his game. He was a standout last year as a redshirt freshman, particularly late. Underrated footwork and decent amount of agility for a guy his size. The "thunder" in the Tigers backfield. He's an old school type of back with an awesome classic high top neck roll.
#2 Clemson at #12 Virginia Tech 8 PM ABC
- College GameDay is in town for this ACC title game rematch between the Hokies and defending national champion Tigers. Hokies HC Justin Fuente has the Hokies rolling in year two after a successful rookie year with a new QB in tow. Clemson boasts one of the best defenses in the entire country. Enter Sandman vs. Howard's Rock. Who wins? Va Tech has one of the coolest entrances in the entire sport. Blacksburg has traditionally been one of the horror shows for opposing teams.
Clemson prospects to watch
1. Dexter Lawrence 6'4 340 DT Sophomore
- Not so breaking news: He's good. Seriously. He's arguably the best DT in the country. First round pick last year if he was eligible.
2. Christian Wilkins 6'4 300 DL Junior
-He got next in the Tigers DL factory. Has played both tackle and end in his career. Great athlete. Impressive tackling skills. The general for the feared Tigers defense.
3. Deon Cain 6'1 190 WR Junior
- It can be argued that he's one of the fastest deep threat receivers in the country. A terrific overall athlete with much better route running skills than anticipated.
4. Mitch Hyatt 6'5 304 OT Junior
- The best tackle in the class and it isn't particularly close. He has started at left tackle since he first stepped on campus and hasn't looked back. Very fundamentally sound.
Virginia Tech prospect to watch
1. Cam Phillips 6'0 202 WR Junior
- He could be one of the more underrated receivers in the country if not the entire ACC. Excellent ball skills and great agility. Speed is a plus. He's been on the radar even as a freshman. High points the ball very well.
Bonus games to watch
#15 Oklahoma State at Texas Tech 8 PM Fox
- James Washington. He Good. That is all.
#7 Georgia at Tennessee 3:30 PM CBS
- Let's hope that this year is as thrilling as last year's matchup was. Also, Nick Chubb. He's good too.