Alright, some of us are a little frustrated from yesterday, I get that, but after filtering through some of the comments, I feel like we need to review some of the guidelines here at MCM as a refresher for the season.
1. Comments, FanPosts or usernames that are intolerant or prejudiced (sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, anti-religion, etc.) in nature.
This doesn't fly. Ever. If I see you post it, there is no warning, you're gone. We're a football site, we stick to football.
2. Personal attacks or threats on community members.
We're all titans fans, attacking each other is pointless, we all love the same team, we're all passionate about the same team, just because we don't always agree on the direction of the team does not mean we can start calling each other names. We're adults, use your big people words. Trolls from other boards will be dealt with on a case by case basis, but we should show others respect and do our thing.
3. Gendered insults of any kind in comments, FanPosts or usernames.
Once again, this is a football site, gender insults have no place here.
4. Posting or creating FanPosts for the sole purpose of trolling or disrupting the community is not permitted. Posts made for such purposes are subject to deletion without notice. Creating multiple user names for this purpose is not permitted. Persons creating such user names will have those names banned and/or deleted without notice.
Stirring the pot for the sole purpose of goading others is not allowed, be constructive with your posts please.
5. Offensive imagery of any kind is not allowed, including violent, explicit and demeaning imagery.
If you wouldn't show it to a little one on the street, you should probably rethink it.
6. Comments, FanPosts or usernames that make light of serious crime of any kind; specifically domestic violence, DUI, sexual assault.
7. Comments, FanPosts or usernames that make light of any physical, mental, behavioral or psychological disorder.
8. Excessive profanity is not permitted. Different SB Nation sites have different guidelines regarding profanity -- i.e., some do not allow it at all -- but across all of our communities, please keep use of profanity within reason.
Sometimes we curse, I do it at times, we all do, but when it gets out of control and starts to be directed at others, that is not allowed. We don't cross that line, and if the comment is outrageously profane it will be deleted and you will be warned. Multiple warnings will lead to a swift ban.
9. Posts created for the sole purpose of advertising or other commercial purposes will be deleted without notice.
Don't be a spam bot, spam looks like a nail to me and I have a hammer.
10. The sharing of illegal game streams is not allowed. Legal streams (via NBC Sports, WatchESPN, etc.) can be shared freely, but links to or requests for illegal, pirated streams are not allowed.
We can't condone those streams, licensing and legality, therefore they can not be posted to MCM.
11. The "first post" rule: if you break any of the above guidelines in your first post at the site, it likely means that you are creating an account just to disrupt the community, and that won’t be tolerated. We will ban your account, and you can reach out to us via email if you believe there was a misunderstanding.
First impressions are everything. We welcome everyone who wants to bring a new element to MCM, but let's get off on the right foot.
I love you all, I've been on this site for close to ten years because of fantastic content, users and the experience. We're all adults, we all love this team, we are allowed to disagree, just because someone has a different opinion from yours does not mean we can be condescending or rude. Nobody is above it posting #hottakes after a loss, we've all been there, just move on and let them have their moment. If you feel they're wrong, tell them why, but attacking someone or calling them stupid doesn't help anyone and only makes it personal. As soon as you resort to a personal attack you've lost. Be mindful, be smart, and be active, that's what makes MCM great. That being said, let's get back to some football.