With the free agency period largely over, it's time to focus on the Pro Days that are happening around the country. Who are some of the top prospects that are working out on campus?
Today features a lot of talent that includes the following schools: UNC, UCLA, Troy and Grambling.
1. Mitch(ell) Trubisky 6'2 222 QB RS Junior
- Trubisky has an one year wonder label going for him. Football IQ is above average. Rarely panics when the pocket gets messy and delivers the ball on time despite the pressure. Possesses a rocket arm that can make all the throws. Scheme fit is a worry as North Carolina did not run a pro style system in favor of the trendy spread offense. A possible trade up candidate that the Titans should take advantage of.
2. Ryan Switzer 5'8 181 WR Senior
- A dynamic athlete that is considered to be a great route runner. Work ethic and football IQ are excellent. Knows how to get open and where the first down sticks are. A special teams ace with multiple return touchdowns on his CV. Could the Titans take a gander in the middle of the draft to shore up their specials teams and receivers even further?
1. Takkarist McKinley 6'2 265 DE/OLB Senior
- McKinley was arguably the best defensive end in all of college football in 2016. He's a freak athlete at his size. Ran a sub 11 second 100 meters in high school. Uses his straight line speed to help counteract his plus lateral agility rushing the passer. Long arms and heavy hands. He has a motor that won't quit until the game is over. Willing tackler that will run downfield to chase down a skill player. Had a great Combine performance. Missed the Senior Bowl with a shoulder injury so the medical is a concern.
2. Connor McDermott 6'8 307 OT RS Senior
- McDermott is a massive mountain at the tackle position. He's a raw prospect in terms of fundamentals. Strength is an issue for him as bigger and stronger defenders can gain leverage on him. What strength he does have is on the upper portion of his body. Lower strength needs to be developed. Struggled at the Senior Bowl and did again at the Combine.
3. Eddie Vanderdoes 6'3 305 DT RS Junior
- A former five star recruit that sadly didn't live up to the hype. He has a ton of medical issues, including a torn ACL suffered during the 2015 season opener. 2016 was largely a forgettable one as he tried to battle back from injuries and inconsistent play. More of a run stuffer than a pass rusher.
1. Antonio Garcia 6'6 302 OT Senior
- Garcia led the way for a resurgent Troy team that made some noise in 2016. He has above average footwork and hand skills. Had a solid week in Mobile during the Senior Bowl. Not the best athlete out there but has just enough to get the job done. Instincts are a plus. A name no one is talking about but could be a good one down the road.
1. Chad Williams 6'1 204 WR Senior
- Williams is a fast riser up the boards after a good Senior Bowl experience. Fundamentally raw and may not help a team until his second or third year in the league. A physical box out threat when he gets the ball in his hands. Not the most proficient route runner in the world. Speed might be a question as he looks really slow when I watched him. Character is a concern as he had an incident with LSU police involving firearms and marijuana. Also got into a fight at Senior Bowl practice. It's a shame that he didn't get invited to the Combine after such a good showing in Mobile.