It’s that time of year again where mock drafts are coming!
1.25 Josh Jackson CB 6'1 192 RS Junior Iowa
- Jackson is a big corner that has been a playmaker this year with seven interceptions for a stingy Hawkeyes defense. The knock on him though is the athleticism but he had plenty to keep up with some of the faster receivers. It will be interesting to see how he runs at the Combine. Terrorized J.T. Barrett and the Buckeyes with three picks. The Titans address some depth questions at corner here. Would form a ball hawking duo with stud safety Kevin Byard.
2.57 Marcus Davenport DE 6'7 245 Senior UTSA
- Davenport has sky rocketed up the draft boards after an impressive 2017 season with the Road Runners. He's not all athlete, no production either. A big physical freak with long arms that can get after it. Pass rush arsenal is among the best in the nation. Just pops off the screen. He has posted a whopping 185 tackles (which is impressive for an end) and 21.5 sacks. Fits the J-Rob mold of production, production, and some more production. Look for his name to be called early. He would provide some pass rushing help when Brian Orakpo and Derrick Morgan need some rest.
3.89 Isaiah Wynn OL 6'2 302 Senior Georgia
- Wynn is the anchor of the much improved Bulldogs offensive line. He has played pretty much everywhere on the line so position versatility is a major plus. Projects more inside at guard than outside at tackle for the next level. The Titans do need some help on the interior of the offensive line as they have gotten very little from Quinton Spain and Josh Kline. Wynn has Day 1 starter potential.
4.127 Jaylon Ferguson OLB 6'5 255 RS Junior Louisiana Tech
- Simply put, he's a tackling machine. Plus football IQ and instincts. Very good athleticism. Production is off the charts good as he put up 26.5 sacks and 121 tackles in his career. A pass rush specialist that can also cover pretty well. Ferguson can alleviate some pressure off of the Titans current crop of pass rushers with his great instincts and rush ability. The Titans are in desperate need of guys who can provide some semblance of help for their pass rusher stars. He also checks off the production box in a big way and the small school thing J-Rob has going.
5.25 Rashaad Penny RB 5'11 220 Senior San Diego State
- Donnel Pumphrey who? The Aztecs saw one record breaking running back leave, only to have another one blow up the record books even further. Penny should've been a Heisman finalist. Rushed for over 2000 yards and 19 touchdowns as a senior. Barry Sanders' all time single season record was in jeopardy this year. Now I'm not saying Penny is the next Sanders but he put up a good record chase. A solid receiving threat out of the backfield as well. He would be a good fit for the Titans as a third back and possibly Derrick Henry's running mate if Demarco Murray leaves after this season.
6.25 Allen Lazard WR 6'5 222 Senior Iowa State
- A big physical receiver that can go up and get it. The biggest knock on him is his testing numbers i.e. 40 time. Not the fastest guy out there so it will be very interesting to see how he runs. He's a former four star recruit that chose to stay home for college instead of leaving for bigger programs. Has increased his touchdowns every year. He would finally do the unthinkable and miraculous for the Titans. Which is to replace Harry Douglas on the roster.
7.25 Ryan Finley 6'4 205 QB Senior North Carolina State
- The Titans do need to start looking around for some decent young signal callers to replace Matt Cassel as the primary backup. Finley is a game manager type that has done well for the Wolfpack this year. He has a 2 to 1 touchdown to interception ratio after transferring to NC State from Boise State. Not the most wow factor but at this stage of the draft, you're looking for lottery tickets so he's a pretty good bet to stick on a roster.