Most of you know that I am an Alabama fan. I am more nervous about this game than I have been any of the national championship games since the Texas game in 2010. This Alabama defense might be the best one yet, but Deshaun Watson is easily the best quarterback they have faces this year. He lit them up last year for 405 yards through the air and 73 yards on the ground with 4 touchdowns. That game ended with Bama winning 45-40.
Derrick Henry and his 158 yards and 3 touchdowns aren’t walking through that door. This version of the Alabama offense isn’t going to score 45 points, so the defense will need to be a lot better than it was last season.
We have everything you need to know about the game listed below:
(1) Alabama vs. (2) Clemson
Kickoff: 8:30pm ET
Stadium: Raymond James Stadium, Tampa, Florida
TV Channel: ESPN family of channels (MegaCast explained below)
TV Announcers: Chris Fowler, Kirk Herbstreit
Online Stream: WatchESPN
Radio Announcers: Sean McDonough, Todd Blackledge, Holly Rowe, Ian Fitzsimmons
Spanish Broadcast: ESPN Deportes
Announcers: Kenneth Garay, Sebastian M. Christensen
Favorite: Alabama -6.5
ESPN Megacast Information: The entire ESPN family of networks will be involved in the broadcast, bringing back the ESPN Megacast production the network used for the last four title games. While the regular television broadcast will be on ESPN and the radio broadcast will be on ESPNRadio, there will be a host of other options to fully cover the game:
- Homer Telecast (ESPN2) - Joe Tessitore will host former Clemson quarterback Tajh Boyd and former Alabama center Barrett Jones as they provide "homer" analysis of the game.
- Film Room (ESPNews) - Brian Griese leads a team of current and former college coaches to break down the game as it happens. Joining Griese will be Syracuse coach Dino Babers, North Carolina State coach Dave Doeren, Minnesota coach P.J. Fleck, Colorado coach Mike MacIntyre, Baylor coach Matt Rhule, and former Oregon coach Mark Helfrich.
- ESPN Voices (ESPNU) - Michelle Beadle, Jay Bilas, Keyshawn Johnson, Bill Walton, and Marcellus Wiley comment on the game from a "living-room" type of environment.
- Finebaum Film Room (SEC Network) -Paul Finebaum, Greg McElroy, Booger McFarland, and Florida coach Jim McElwain will watch and analyze the game, while interacting with fans via the phone and Twitter (#FinebaumFilmRoom).
- Sounds of the Game (ESPN Classic) - 100 microphones throughout the stadium bring the natural sounds of the game without analysts. Will include pre-game and halftime ceremonies.
- Command Center (ESPN Goal Line) - Split screen with live action and immediate replays of every play, isolated coaches cameras, and ESPN Radio broadcast.
- Home Town Radio (ESPN3) - ESPN telecast with selectable Alabama and Clemson home radio broadcasts.
- Data Center (ESPN3) - Analytical data and social media content throughout the game.
- Sky Cam (ESPN3) - Continuous feed of the overhead/behind -the-offense camera.
- Jonathan Allen, defensive end
- Ryan Anderson, linebacker
- Reuben Foster, linebacker
- O.J. Howard, tight end
- Marlon Humphrey, cornerback
- Cam Robinson, offensive tackle
- Tim Williams, linebacker
- Tyrone Crowder, guard
- Wayne Gallman, running back
- Jadar Johnson, safety
- Jordan Leggett, tight end
- Artavis Scott, wide receiver
- Cordrea Tankersly, cornerback
- Carlos Watkins, defensive tackle
- Deshaun Watson, quarterback
- Mike Williams, wide receiver