The Titans wrapped up their first scrimmage of the year at Nissan Stadium tonight after being forced to reschedule this weekend. It was a night admittedly won by the defense, according to Head Coach Mike Mularkey. The offense was sloppy to start, but Mariota got it rolling late.
The news of the night was made after the scrimmage ended. Mularkey made some waves when speaking about Dorial Green-Beckham. He indicated that he wasn't exactly happy with the work DGB was putting in off the field. We seem to only be hearing negative things about the second year receiver, which is concerning.
Mularkey: Nobody wants to please more than Dorial Green-Beckham. But he's not working enough on his own. Remains inconsistent. #Titans— Jason Wolf (@JasonWolf) August 9, 2016
In the mean time, Tajae Sharpe continues to tear it up. This kid sure seems like he's for real. He started running with the 1's and has yet to look back. Check out this video from Paul Kuharsky tonight.
Now for some quick hitters...
- It was a great night for second round pick Derrick Henry. He scored on a couple of different occasions on the night.
- Kendall Wright, Brice McCain, Perrish Cox, Kevin Dodd, Aaron Wallace and Andy Gallik did not take part tonight due to injuries.
- Tajae Sharpe handled the opening kick-off, but Derrick Henry was spotted during warm-ups taking reps returning. Kalan Reed got some work returning as well.
- Mariota hit Rishard Matthews and Andre Johnson for touchdowns tonight, but said he was disappointed with his performance as a whole.
- Jurrell Casey was Jurrell Casey. He was disruptive and had a couple of nice stops early on.
- David Cobb stood out, busting a couple of decent runs. We'll see if he can manage to stick around even after the addition of Derrick Henry.