The Titans wrapped up their 4th day of training camp this morning. It was their second practice in pads. They will not have practice tomorrow before putting the pads back on for morning practices on Thursday and Friday. Stay tuned to MCM for the live update/open threads during those practices.
Here are some notes from what happened at camp today:
- Kendall Wright left practice early with a hamstring injury. Mike Mularkey said after practice that he didn't expect Wright to miss much time because of it.
- Harry Douglas stepped in to play in the slot with the first team after Wright went down. More on the receiver rotation in camp so far later this afternoon.
- Speaking of Douglas, all of the reporters on hand said he had the catch of the day on a ball from Marcus Mariota in the 7 on 7 period.
- And speaking of Mariota, he has been really solid so far. He did, however, throw an interception today in practice. That means Pete Prisco thinks Mariota is in line for a big year.
- Jonathan Hutton mentioned on The Midday 180 today that OLB Deiontrez Mount stood out today. This is good news as the Titans can use all of the depth they can get at that position, especially with the fact that 2nd round pick Kevin Dodd hasn't been able to practice yet due to offseason foot surgery.
- Sylvester Croom had the burn of the day on Derrick Henry:
Derrick Henry vs Avery Williamson #Titans pic.twitter.com/DyiNiN1Jrm— A to Z Sports (@AtoZSports) August 2, 2016
Mularkey said Bishop Sankey is a different style rubber. Has put in some muscle and showing no hesitation— Terry McCormick (@terrymc13) August 2, 2016