I always put a lot of stock into Mel's final mock draft, simply because he's one of the most plugged in guys. This mock is usually about what he's hearing, rather than what he thinks will happen. Here are a few things that stuck out.
- Mel sticks with Laremy Tunsil to the Chargers, despite the buzz around Ronnie Stanley and DeForest Buckner. Reports keep flooding in that teams have Stanley ahead of Tunsil on their boards.
- Kiper picks Elliott for the Cowboys at four over Jalen Ramsey.
- Both Jack Conklin and Leonard Floyd -- two of the hottest names lately -- make the top ten picks.
- Myles Jack slides to 13 with Miami because of the knee issues. The Dolphins are rumored to be one of the few landing spots remaining for Jack tonight.
- Kiper mocks Vernon Hargreaves to the Titans. I think you have to watch the Bucs, Dolphins and Raiders with Hargreaves, but a fall to 15 isn't out of the question. I have some reservations with Hargreaves and there has been zero reported contact with the Titans and VH3, but again -- that doesn't mean he can't be the pick.
- Taylor Decker, the forgotten man in this tackle class, goes 16th to Detroit.
- Both Keanu Neal and Karl Joseph crack the top 25.
- The fastest and latest riser of the draft process was TJ Green. He played safety at Clemson but rumor has it that some teams view him as a corner.