For the second mock in a row, Mel Kiper Jr. has given Laremy Tunsil to the Titans with the first pick in the NFL Draft. We're about to find out what the plan is in free agency, but for now Tunsil remains the pick. Kiper notes that the Titans will probably continue trying to shop the pick, but says that it will be difficult to find a partner.
This goes right along with everything we've been saying throughout draft season. Tunsil makes the most sense with the priority that Amy Adams Strunk and Mike Mularkey have placed on protection for Marcus Mariota. With the addition of DeMarco Murray, Mularkey appears to be ready to build this rushing attack, making Tunsil even more of a no-brainer.
- Carson Wentz comes in a two to the Browns. This seems to be becoming the consensus selection.
- Both DeForest Buckner and Ronnie Stanley get selected ahead of Joey Bosa and Jalen Ramsey.
- Leonard Floyd (EDGE, Georgia) rises all the way to pick 11, landing with Chicago. Floyd was thought of as a late first round pick, so it's a surprise to see him rise this high.
- Eli Apple cracks the top 15 of both Kiper and McShay.
- Ezekiel Elliott -- a guy that has been getting a lot of top ten love lately -- goes 20 to the Jets.
- Three receivers go in the first round: Laquan Treadwell, Will Fuller and Josh Doctson.
- Corner William Jackson rises into the first round after an outstanding combine performance. Jackson lands with Pittsburgh at pick 25.