Mel Kiper Jr. has abandoned the Joey Bosa train and hopped aboard the Laremy Tunsil express. The ESPN analyst released his second mock of the season this morning and has Ole Miss tackle Laremy Tunsil landing in Nashville.
Kiper says that the Titans have "no choice" but to improve the offensive line around Marcus Mariota. "Getting the offensive lineman with the highest upside is a good place to start."
A lot of people -- myself included -- have come to this conclusion so far this draft season. A Tunsil-Lewan combo would hopefully solve the right tackle issue for good with Lewan while providing an upgrade on the left side with Tunsil.
We'll likely get a good idea of where they are going after free agency. If Jon Robinson avoids tackle or chooses to sign a backup type or two, Tunsil is the likely pick. If he signs a premier tackle, then it's likely Bosa, trade or Jalen Ramsey.
- Kiper has Carson Wentz going at two, ahead of Jared Goff at four.
- Joey Bosa tumbles down to pick six, landing in Baltimore.
- Ohio State corner Eli Apple climbs to pick 14, the highest I've seen him mocked anywhere this season.
- Laquon Treadwell slides to pick 15, landing in Los Angeles. This seems to be the range for Treadwell.
- Alabama center Ryan Kelly enters the first round, sliding in at 18 to the Colts.
- Arkansas' Hunter Henry -- the consensus number one tight end prospect -- sneaks into the first round with Green Bay.
- Defensive end Jihad Ward opened a lot of eyes at the Senior Bowl and lands at 28 to the Chiefs.