The Tennessee Titans have the first pick in the 2016 NFL Draft. Joey Bosa is regarded by many to be the best player in this draft. There is no doubt that he could help the Titans. Should they pull the trigger on Bosa? Here is a closer look:
Size: 6-6, 275
Position: Edge Defender
School: Ohio State (Junior)
Production: 26 sacks, 144 total tackles, 51 tackles for loss in three seasons as a starter.
- Lengthy, bulky frame. Long arms to keep blockers away from his body.
- Extremely capable against the run. Teams had to scheme around Bosa's presence.
- Sets the edge against the run nearly every chance he gets, funneling the run game back inside.
- Great hand/arm usage. Has strong hands that allow him to disengage.
- Above average upper body strength.
- Controlling figure. Can plant himself in a gap and shed whichever way he needs.
- Wins with power when pass rushing. Generates lots of force from his upper body.
- Versatile pass rusher. Can win inside or outside.
- Inconsistent explosion off of the line of scrimmage.
- Lacks some quickness, quick-twitch ability.
- Struggles at times to "turn the corner" and get around tackles.
- Suspended for the 2015 opener, rumored (never confirmed) to be "academics or marijuana" related. Not a huge deal either way.