#1 Ohio State at Virginia Tech 8 PM ESPN
- The much ballyhooed rematch is finally here. Can the Hokies pull off the upset for the second year in a row over the defending national champions? Who will start at QB for the Buckeyes? It has been a close two horse race between JT Barrett and Cardale Jones after Braxton Miller converted to receiver. Will the Buckeyes survive a trip to Blacksburg undefeated after suspensions to some of its stars? Is there anyone in the country that can stop Ezekiel Elliot, the Derrick Henry of the North? I have a feeling that this game will be a lot closer than most people have predicted.
Virginia Tech prospects to watch
1. Luther Maddy 6'0 293 DT RS Senior
- A poor man's Jurrell Casey if you will. He's a traditional pass rushing defensive tackle with a decent amount of agility. His strong base and subsequent pass rush moves/run defense compare favorably to DaQuan Jones.
2. Kendall Fuller 6'0 197 CB Junior
- Fuller can make an argument that he is the best cornerback in the nation. He has impressive NFL/NCAA bloodlines as he's the youngest brother of the Fuller clan that were Hokies and went on to the NFL. There is also a Titans connection as oldest brother Vincent was a 2005 draft pick. Kendall might the best of the family, which is saying something because Kyle was pretty good during his rookie year in 2014. Instincts and fundamentals are excellent. Athleticism is very good as well. He has the speed to keep up with the faster receivers and plays bigger than his measurements.
Ohio State prospects to watch
1. Joey Bosa 6'5 275 DE Junior
- He could be the country's best defensive end prospect. A favorite to win all of the major lineman awards in 2015. Clowney 2.0? Bosa has been suspended for tonight's game.
2. Ezekiel Elliott 6'0 225 RB Junior
- Elliott was last seen trampling through both Alabama and Oregon during the playoffs, which he ran for over 200 yards in each contest. Maurice Clarett with better athleticism and less off field baggage. Has elite vision and instincts. Rarely ever takes a loss. Unfortunately we won't be able to see the throwback cutoff jersey as the NCAA has banned those.
3. Darron Lee 6'1 235 OLB RS Sophomore
- Lee is the steady defensive general for the Buckeyes. Has the potential to be a lighter and faster Aldon Smith/Luke Kuechly combo.
4. Adolphus Washington 6'4 290 DT Senior
- Washington has been a force in the middle for the Buckeyes. Really came on last year after two middling years prior. Could be Nick Fairley good if he maintains his junior form.
5. Taylor Decker 6'7 317 OT Senior
- Decker compares favorably to another Taylor in the Titans own Taylor Lewan (I know this is sacrilege in Ann Arbor). The best tackle prospect in the class without question.
6. Cardale Jones 6'5 250 QB RS Junior
- The darling of the Buckeyes' playoff title run came back to school after seriously considering declaring for the draft. Should he start in 2015, he's a much more athletic Byron Leftwich (who has had a pretty decent NFL career all things considered). Can he take the next step in read progression?
7. Vonn Bell 5'11 205 FS Junior
- The former 5 star recruit nearly picked the Volunteers to follow in Eric Berry's footsteps but chose the Buckeyes instead. He's an above average athlete with NFL quality instincts and vision. A hard hitter with good tackling form.