As you may have heard on last week's MCM Radio episode, our home site has received the hosting rights to the annual 7 round Live Draft that our friends from Mocking the Draft have hosted. This is our second consecutive year of hosting the event. Dan Kadar, the head of MtD and our beloved leader Jommy have given their blessing to push forward with this ambitious project once more.
Last year was a great success and I look forward to this year's product, especially given that the Titans hold a high draft slot. Now it's time for us to show the entire SB Nation community the true spirit of the Music City Miracles site again. In order to achieve to this, I need your help as various jobs will be open for volunteers. I will run the entire operation as overall Commissioner. I will continue the same rules that have held in the War Rooms. I hope to give the SB Nation world a view of the excellent work that MCM does and can do.
The Titans' Assistant GM spot is open to any volunteer right now. This person is basically the GM in my stead as they possess my full authorization to pursue any and all trades should they materialize but I hold final say (all I ask is that I be updated with progress reports and I won't be too much of a bother). Another power they have is total control of the MCM War Room (which means that they can shut it down at their discretion if things get too out of hand). If this is something that you want to do, please email me at email@example.com.
Commissioner/GM Emeritus: Noles aka Joseph Yun
Assistant Commissioner/Trade Czar: torridphenix
Titans' Assistant GM: OPEN
Thursday, April 16th - Friday, April 17th: "negotiation/tampering" period where trades may be negotiated
Saturday April 18th: Rounds 1-3 beginning at NOON (EST)
Sunday April 19th: Rounds 4-7 beginning at NOON (EST)
Rules (draft wide):
- The first round will be timed at 5 minutes, Rounds 2-4 at 3 minutes, and Rounds 5-7 at 2 minutes.
- All trades (pre-draft tampering period) must be approved by Trade Judge. All trades must be within 200 points according to the trade value chart and considered reasonable by the Trade Judge. Any ruling regarding the approval or veto of a trade is final. Trades will not be allowed after the start of Round 4.
- Time limits will be strictly enforced and if the limit is passed, the selection will be made off the big board emailed to me by the team representative prior to the draft or in the case that a board isn't provided, a vote will be held by other teams. 2015 and 2016 draft picks can be used. Remember that 2016 picks will be half of the value of the 2015 picks.
- The subject line during the draft will be for pick, trade, and time announcements only. This rule will be strictly enforced.
- As Rule 2 states, there will be a two-day "negotiation/tampering" period starting from April 16th to April 17th. After that, time limits matter.