Devin McCourty would have been one of the most coveted free agents on the market had he not re-signed with the New England Patriots. There were numerous reports of numerous teams ready to make a run at him. Jim Wyatt caught up with McCourty's agent Andy Simms who said the Titans made a run at McCourty:
"The Titans were definitely considered,'' agent Andy Simms said. "They made a strong pitch, and did everything they could. We had some good conversations with them. And Devin was definitely interested in Tennessee. But the Patriots organization stepped up.
"At the end of the day, I don't think anything was prying him out of New England if they decided to step up, which they did."
Mike Reiss said last night McCourty was ready to walk from New England. McCourty went as far to call Patriots coach Bill Belichick and thank him for his time in New England according to Mike Reiss. That call prompted Belichick to step up his offer and ultimately led to McCourty re-signing.
It still would have been a tough road for the Titans to sign McCourty because of all the teams that would have been vying for his services, but I have to believe that Jason McCourty would have helped tip the scales in the Titans favor. Oh well.
- Brandon Graham Leaning Towards Titans and Dolphins (Whatever That Means)
- NFL Trade Rumors: Titans showed interest in Eagles QB Nick Foles
- Titans free agency: Team has reached out to Brandon Graham
- Tennessee Titans News Links: Free Agency Eve
- Titans miss out on The Sanchise; Mark Sanchez to return to Eagles