No change here from my previous mock, with a reminder that this pick is a high-leverage spot because it's the one spot you can trade up to and assure yourself of getting Marcus Mariota or even Jameis Winston if Mariota were to go No. 1 overall. That said, I'm not projecting trades here and I think Tennessee is in position to take the best football player available in the draft. Williams has the potential to be a force early in his career, make your defensive line better against both the run and the pass and offer scheme versatility. If Winston is available, he becomes the pick, but Williams makes sense.
I really hope the Titans are able to trade this pick. I really think that is where the best value is in this draft for them. It will be interesting to see what options they have on the table.
It is also interesting that Kiper talks about Jameis Winston being the pick here if he is available. How do you feel about that?
- NFL Free Agency 2015: Titans should target Devin McCourty
- NFL Free Agency 2015: Harry Douglas visiting the Titans
- NFL Free Agency 2015: Patriots Release Vince Wolfork
- NFL Mock Draft 2015: The MCM Community Mock Claim Your Team Post is Coming
- MCM Radio Recap: Free Agency, Remembering Michael Roos as a Titan