- In a panic to move on from the ill begotten Johnny Manziel era, Cleveland Browns GM Ray Farmer frantically calls the Titans' War Room to offer a trade after seeing FSU QB Jameis Winston hold up the Bucs' digital clock font 1 in NYC.
Titans receive: 1.12, 1.19, 2.43, 3.77, 5.139, and a 2016 1
Browns receive: 1.2 and 5.130
1.12 Danny Shelton NT 6'2 339 Washington Senior
- Shelton has had an outstanding draft process that began with the Senior Bowl and culminated in the Combine. He's very agile for a guy his size. A space eater like a Vince Wilfork. The Titans get their true nose tackle to build around in their 3-4 scheme.
1.19 Jaelen Strong WR 6'2 217 Arizona State RS Junior
- A long strider who needs a few steps to get going full speed. He will wow everyone with his ball skills. Usually wins most of the 50/50 balls and makes the really tough catches routine. Strong ran a 4.44 40, which was faster than expected. He's a dominant receiver in the pass happy Pac-12. MCM's own StPrattrick would be extremely pleased with this pick from the Grand Canyon State.
2.33 Eli Harold DE/OLB 6'3 247 Virginia Junior
- Harold is a versatile athlete that has played both end and outside linebacker while with the Cavaliers. He has a lightning quick burst off the ball and flows to the ball very well. A pure speed rusher that needs to work on his run stopping deficiencies. Constantly running motor and plays to the echo of the whistle. The Titans travel to ACC country to bolster their lackluster pass rush.
2.43 Tre Jackson G 6'4 330 Florida State Senior
- The "least" heralded member of the Seminoles OL unit. He more than held his own at the Senior Bowl and was named Most Outstanding Player at the festivities there. Well coached on the fundamentals. Needs to work on conditioning and weight. Could he be the next standout OL for Rick Trickett's legendary CV as the country's best OL coach?
3.66 Rob Havenstein OT 6'7 321 Wisconsin RS Senior
- Titans OL coach Bob Bostad calls on a former pupil during his tenure in Madison. Havenstein had a solid week at the Senior Bowl but the Combine wasn't as kind to him. He looked stiff and a step slow during the drills. More of a run blocker than pass blocker at this point. He helped pave the way for record setting RB Melvin Gordon. A durable lineman who made 55 consecutive starts with 41 of those being at right tackle (where he's best suited and a glaring hole is present on the Titans roster).
3.77 Charles Gaines CB 5'10 180 Louisville RS Junior
- Gaines is a fluid athlete with good hips and it showed during the Combine. He really improved his stock in Indy during the drills, especially the backpedal and gauntlet. A converted receiver with good ball skills. An inconsistent 2014 junior season has a lot of people wondering what went on. Could challenge Coty Sensabaugh for a starting job right away.
4.96 Javorius "Buck" Allen RB 6'0 221 USC RS Junior
- The USC "quota" is filled with another running back. Allen is a bigger back that can grind out the tough yards inside and has some agility. He isn't the fastest guy in the world but has enough speed to get by. Excellent blocker. Limited experience as 2014 was his first being the starter. He can help replace Shonn Greene if released and spell Bishop Sankey as necessary.
5.139 Jeff Luc ILB 6'0 263 Cincinnati RS Senior
- Luc really turned some heads at the Senior Bowl with him being the heaviest linebacker there. He also showed some good agility in one on one drills against the backs. A far better athlete than many will give him credit for. Transferred from Florida State due to playing time but found a solid footing at Cincy.
6. Ronald Martin S 6'1 217 LSU Senior
- Martin was the veteran leader of the Bayou Bengals youthful secondary in 2014. After the release of Bernard Pollard, some depth behind presumptive starter Daimion Stafford is needed.
6. CJ Uzomah TE 6'5 262 Auburn Senior
- With the likely departure of longtime Titan Craig Stevens imminent, some depth behind incumbent starter Delanie Walker is needed, especially with Taylor Thompson not living up to projections. Uzomah had a good Senior Bowl. He's underrated because of Auburn's offense and other weapons around him.