USC at Colorado 9 PM ESPN2
- The Trojans travel to Boulder with second place in the Pac-12 South on the line. USC has won three straight after the loss to Notre Dame. The Buffaloes are coming off consecutive losses to inconsistent UCLA and a resurgent Stanford team. Will the Trojans hold off the likely frigid weather and a rebuilding in perpetuity Colorado squad? Can the Buffaloes take inspiration from their stampeding Ralphie the Buffalo and the elements? Look for the Trojans to escape Friday the 13th intact and make it 10 straight wins over Colorado.
USC prospects to watch
Cody Kessler 6’1 215 QB RS Senior
- Kessler is the presumptive favorite for the 2015 Heisman as of this writing. He’s limited athletically as a prospect but is more of a game manager type. Pocket awareness is above average as well as footwork. Arm strength is a concern as he lacks it to make the big league throws to the outside. Needs a great finish to 2015 to even merit consideration in the fourth round. I'd have him borderline 7th/UDFA based on his production so far and what I've seen on tape.
Max Tuerk 6’6 285 OL Senior
- Tuerk makes observers harken back to the glory days of former Trojan linemen standouts. He’s been used at every lineman position but his best is at center and left tackle. Long arms and great hand usage. Base and footwork are very good. Intelligence is good as well. INJURED
Su’a Cravens 6’1 225 OLB Junior
- Cravens could be the best defender in the Pac-12. Position versatile as he originally started out at safety before converting to linebacker last year. Athleticism is very good as the hips are fluid and footwork is impressive. Instincts are great as well. Finds the hole in the offensive scheme and attacks it. Pass defense is underrated as he shows an uncanny ability to always find the ball.
Colorado prospect to watch
Nelson Spruce 6'1 195 WR RS Senior
- Could the nation's most underrated receiver due to Colorado being not so good as a program. Owner of virtually every relevant receiver record in school history. Also a capable return man. Possesses above average hands, excellent route running skills, and technically savvy. Probably limited to the slot in the NFL but could play outside. Compares to Wes Welker/Michael Crabtree.