AutoZone Liberty Bowl 2 PM ESPN
Texas A&M vs. West Virginia
Location: Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium, Memphis, Tennessee
- Two programs with a ton of offense and very little defense meet up in a battle of unfulfilled expectations. The Aggies have fired their defensive coordinator and are currently searching for one. The Mountaineers are still trying to find QB stability after the wildly successful Geno Smith era. WVU QB Clint Trickett recently retired from football due to the multiple concussions he suffered throughout his career. He was a transfer from Florida State in 2013. A&M has faltered to a 7-5 record in the post Manziel era as the offense could not continue its support of a horrible defense. Which defense will step up to less terrible than the other?
Texas A&M prospect to watch:
1. Cedric Ogbuehi OT 6'5 300 RS Senior
- Was a steady performer for an Aggie offense that was rebuilding after Johnny Manziel and Mike Evans left for the pros. He's played both left and right tackle during his career.
West Virginia prospect to watch:
1. Kevin White WR 6'3 210 Senior
- It could be argued that White is the second best receiver in loaded class. He's certainly one of the best technicians at the college level. White is an excellent route runner with great body control to set up defenders for the fake. He should have a field day against a porous Aggie secondary,
Russell Athletic Bowl 5:30 PM ESPN
Oklahoma vs. (17) Clemson
- Clemson will be without some of their weapons on offense for this game as freshman phenom QB Deshaun Watson tore his ACL in the South Carolina game. The Tigers will also be without their OC as Chad Morris has taken the SMU head coaching job. What the Tigers still do have is a top rated stingy defense with stars at every level. Oklahoma has had a down year, failing to win the Big 12 and losing to rival Oklahoma State in Bedlam. The Sooners have a talented freshman RB named Samaji Perine who broke Melvin Gordon's record a mere week after Gordon set the record.
Oklahoma prospects to watch:
1. Daryl Williams OT 6'5 321 RS Senior
- One of the more intelligent tackles in the game. He knows how and when to use power and finesse very well. Another guy who has played both tackle positions.
2. Eric Striker LB 6'0 221 Junior
- A perfect name fit for the position. Striker is undersized for the position and might have a tough time finding a position fit for him in the pros. He's a big hitter, living up to his name.
Clemson prospects to watch:
1. Vic Beasley OLB 6'2 235 Senior
- Another year, another dominant performance for Beasley. He posted 29 tackles, 11 sacks, and 18.5 tackles for loss. Leader of an impressive Clemson defense that will have a few draft picks come May. Due to his size, I see him as a Von Miller outside linebacker type.
2. Stéphone Anthony ILB 6'2 245 Senior
- Anthony is one of the better and underrated inside linebackers. He isn't in Denzel Perryman's class but a good athlete in his own right. A field general type of linebacker that commands the entire defense.
3. Grady Jarrett DT 6'1 295 Senior
- Jarrett is a bit undersized for the tackle position but has a consistent motor that doesn't stop. He's in the mold of the Titans' own Jurrell Casey.
Advocare V100 Texas Bowl 9 PM ESPN
Arkansas vs. Texas
- These two former Big 8 rivals meet once more. Texas is hoping for a better showing in the Texas Bowl this year after a disaster last year against Oregon. Arkansas finally won some conference games after being in contention for most of them. The Hogs like run the ball A LOT. The Horns have been inconsistent on offense with their QB Tyrone Swoopes. Head Coach Charlie Strong would like to finish out a rebuilding 2014 on a good note.
Arkansas prospect to watch:
1. Trey Flowers DE 6'4 268 Senior
Texas prospects to watch:
1. Cedric Reed DE 6'5 272 Senior
2. Malcolm Brown DT 6'2 320 Junior
3. Jordan Hicks LB 6'1 234 Senior
4. Quandre Diggs CB 5'10 195 Senior