Jim Wyatt is reporting that the Titans will place Justin Hunter on injured reserve, possibly as soon as today:
#Titans plan to place WR Justin Hunter on Injured Reserve, ending his season. Sounds like it will happen 2day. Dealing with lacerated spleen— Jim Wyatt (@jwyattsports) December 2, 2014
The move will end a disappointing season for Hunter. He finishes the year with 28 catches for 493 yards and 3 touchdowns. That is a 17.8 yards per catch average, which is good, but the volume and consistency just haven't been there.
Hopefully Hunter will recover from this quickly enough that he doesn't have to miss any of the offseason program. He is going to need all of the reps he can get. There is a good chance the Titans will add a receiver, whether in free agency or the draft, that will come in and push Hunter for playing time.
I wonder what Michael Preston is doing these days....
- Some Thoughts on Alabama WR Amari Cooper and the 2015 NFL Draft
- NFL Power Rankings Week 14: Green Bay Packers to the top
- Tennessee Titans News Links: Silver Linings Playbook
- Monday Night Football Open Thread: Miami Dolphins vs New York Jets
- Zach Mettenberger Injury Update: Titans QB Says "See You Sunday"