(7) TCU at (20) West Virginia 3:30 PM EDT ABC/ESPN2
- The Horned Frogs are in Morgantown for a shootout with the Mountaineers. TCU posted a record setting blowout of Texas Tech last week, 82-29. Yes do not, adjust your TV sets, they put up 82 points. West Virginia dismantled a hopeless Oklahoma State team 34-10. Fortunately for those of you that love defensive struggles, this might turn out that way due to inclement weather conditions.
TCU prospects to watch:
1. Trevone Boykin QB 6'2 205 Junior
- Boykin is a legitimate Heisman Trophy candidate. He's a converted defensive back from 2 years ago when former QB Casey Pachall was thrown off the team for his drug issues. Boykin is a dynamic athlete that stays within the system and won't run at the first opportunity. If I had a NFL comp for him, I'd say that he's Michael Vick with much better understanding of the passing game.
2. BJ Catalon RB 5'9 190 Junior
WVU prospects to watch:
1. Kevin White WR 6'3 210 Senior
- White is one of the best receivers in the nation and Dana Holgerson's spread attack only amplifies his already prodigious talent. He's all that Justin Hunter can dream of being and more. NFL Comp: AJ Green. White, like Green is a leaner big body type that has frightening ball skills and athleticism. I would take him in the second round without hesitation if he was still available.
(3) Auburn at (4) Ole Miss 7 PM ESPN
- Both teams have one loss but are in the thick of things in the best division in football. Auburn lost earlier in the year to (1) Mississippi State while Ole Miss lost in the last seconds last week against LSU via interception. Can either defense step up and stop the other high powered attack? Will Bad Bo show up for Ole Miss again? Can Bruce Pearl keep the Tigers offense humming while dressed up as Gus Malzhan?
Auburn prospects to watch:
1. Reese Dismukes C 6'2 298 Senior
2. Corey Grant RB 5'10 205 Senior
3. Gabe Wright DT 6'3 284 Senior
4. Sammie Coates WR 6'1 201 RS Junior
(12) Arizona at (22) UCLA 10:30 PM ESPN
- #Pac12AfterDark is a thing. Crazy comebacks and last second wins are the norm. Will the Pac-12 eventually destroy each other to the point that no conference team is represented in the playoff? UCLA has been inconsistent all year and have yet to put together a complete game. They have lost two of the last four (should've been three but for a completely bogus call against Cal two weeks ago). The Bruins struggled to put away a pitiful but feisty Colorado team in overtime last week. Arizona has been wild all year long, relying on the most ridiculous Hail Mary play to beat Cal and barely losing to USC on a missed field goal in which USC iced the kicker TWICE.
Arizona prospects to watch:
1. Austin Hill WR 6'3 212 Senior
- Hill is recovering from a torn ACL suffered last year in spring practice and has shown signs of progress in 2014.
2. Cayleb Jones WR 6'3 215 Sophomore
- Jones is a Texas transfer after being suspended from the Longhorns program last year due to an off field incident. Arizona's version of Kenny Britt if you will. Talented but off field head case.
UCLA prospects to watch
1. Brett Hundley QB 6'3 222 RS Junior
2. Eric Kendricks ILB 6'0 228 RS Senior
Other notable games:
Florida at Georgia 3:30 PM CBS
- Florida fans might be reaching for the cocktails early and often this year in the World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party. The only draftable Gator of note is DL Dante Fowler. Also, CBS is really dumb for selecting this game for its prime 3:30 spot instead of the Auburn-Ole Miss tilt.
Arkansas at (1) Mississippi State 7:15 PM ESPN2
- Arkansas has been competitive this year, giving Alabama a scare in a loss. If they can somehow maintain ball control with their vaunted running game imported from Wisconsin, they have a chance.
Mississippi State prospects to watch:
1. Benardrick McKinney ILB 6'5 245 Junior
2. Dak Prescott QB 6'2 230 Senior
Stanford at (5) Oregon 7:30 PM FOX
- Can QB Marcus Mariota break the Stanford hex on the Ducks this year? He's 0-2 against the Cardinal in his career.