I am really excited about seeing Zach Mettenberget make his first start today. The Titans needed to make this move so they can find out if Mett is the guy for the future or not, but we have to be careful with what we expect from this first start. While I think he has the potential to be a really good player in this league, he is a rookie making his first start. There are going to be some growing pains. We have to be careful to not make any snap judgments after just one, or even a handful, of starts. They are getting him out there now to see a body of work.
Greg Cosell of NFL Films is a guy I really trust when it comes to analysis. He really like Zach Mettenberger before the draft and continued to be impressed with his play in the preseason. Now obviously there is only so much that can be gained from watching Mettenberger in the preseason when he was out there against guys that aren't in the league today, but Cosell talked about Mett's ability to get through a progress and his anticipation when he threw the ball. That will hold true even against better competition.
Zach Mettenberger very well could be the Titans quarterback of the future, but we aren't going to be able to declare that one way or the other at 3:30 this afternoon. So be careful to not get too high or low after today's game. This is going to be a process that is going to take the rest of the season to play out- so just sit back and enjoy the ride!
- Titans defensive line could shine vs Houston Texans
- Week METTSHOW: Predictions From The Contributors and Knoxvillage
- The biggest issue with Zach Mettenberger
- Zach Mettenberger and the Efficient Market Hypothesis
- Ken Whisenhunt Confirms Zach Mettenberger Will Start; Jake Locker Will be Back-up
- Breaking: Titans RB Shonn Greene arrested Friday
- Tennessee Titans Embrace Rebuilding Phase