Here are some good reads from around the internet on Wednesday's action at the Senior Bowl:
- Wes Bunting said that Alfonzo Dennard had his best day of practice yet. Everything that I am reading on Dennard tells me that he is a big, physical corner, but he has trouble covering receivers deep. That doesn't sound like a guy that is worthy of a first round pick.
- Bunting calls Janoris Jenkins a complete corner in his notes from the South practice. I know Jenkins has the character issues, but he is going to be a really good NFL corner. He would be a much better option at #20 than Dennard.
- As Trevor already knows, Courtney Upshaw is the best player at the Senior Bowl. It is too bad that he will not be available at 20. You can read more about Upshaw in Mocking the Draft's scouting report here.
- Alfie Crow also had some good things to say about Jenkins.
- Mike Tanier has some observations from a couple of battles between Quinton Coples and Cordy Glenn. It sounds like they were pretty evenly matched, which you would expect from two guys who should be first round picks.