Williams is a highly productive USC alum (1,010 receiving yards last year with rotating freshmen QBs) who looks like a steal at this point in the draft. ESPN's Scouts Inc. had him listed as the 5th best WR in the draft, and gave him a second round grade. He's a high character guy who coaches have praised as a great worker..
Best of all, he's a crack punt returner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here are some highlights from ESPN's scouting profile:
• Thinly built frame but possesses adequate height and solid top-end speed for the position.
• Brings added value as a special team punt returner. Coaches rave about his character and work ethic. A true team player.
• Polished. Smooth working out of stem and easily transitions into breaks running intermediate in and out routes. Tempos routes and does a good job of using head and shoulder fakes.
• Appears quicker than fast on film
• Lacks extra gear to out run defenses when gets a seam
• Fights for extra yardage and shows good awareness for first down marker
• Gives consistent effort as a run blocker and works to stay engaged but can be overpowered by stronger and more physical defenders.
So he's not Albert Haynesworth, but this guy could be a VERY good weapon for Vince and gives us a polished punt return option. I like it a lot. With all of the CBs that went before our pick, there was no good value there, so that makes this pick even better.
And if you're still doubting, just watch this video Smash found.