24 hours until we are watching football. Here are some interesting statistics that superstitious Titans fans will appreciate.
- Among current NFL head coaches with four or more opening games under their belts, Jeff Fisher owns the best opening game record. He is 9-5 on opening day since his first opening game as head coach in 1995.
- Since 1978, when the NFL went to a 16-game schedule, and excluding the abbreviated season of 1982, teams that are victorious on Kickoff Weekend are more than twice as likely to reach the playoffs than losers of an opening game. Of the 442 teams which won openers from 1978-08, 233 went to the playoffs (52.7%) and 136 went on to win division titles (30.8%). Of the 442 teams which lost openers, 103 went to the playoffs (23.3%) and 58 won division titles (13.1%).
- Kerry Collins is 3-0 against the Steelers
- Jeff Fisher's record versus Steelers: 12-7
- Titans have beaten Steelers 11 of the last 14 times
- This will mark only the fifth time in NFL history that the defending champs play the last team that defeated them from the previous season on Kickoff Weekend.