- Run the ball. ✓ We got 128 total yards rushing, which isn't the best, but it got the job done. There was a point in the second quarter that it seemed like CJ was getting 10 yards per carry. CJ got his way in the first half, but the Dolphins kept him in check through the second half with only 33 yards on 15 carries. He finished with just 3.6 yards per carry, but the ball kept moving.
- Stop Ricky Williams. ✓ We effectively tried to make Chad Henne beat us, which he actually almost did with an excellent game besides his three interceptions thrown. 80 yards was Ricky Williams's second lowest total since becoming a starter after Ronnie Brown's injury. Still, he averaged 4.2 yards per carry and converted 8 third downs.
- Don't be afraid to air it out either. ✓ Despite Vince Young's less than stellar completion percentage, the passes he did complete were very good. Three touchdowns was a career high for Vince, and Justin Gage had a great game with two touchdowns, both for over 20 yards, and both incredibly accurate passes by VY. More than anything, Vince further showed that he can rebound from his mistakes. After he threw an interception on his first pass of the game, he came back on the field the next drive and threw his first touchdown to Justin Gage.
- Get picks and fumbles. ✓ Tony Brown had a forced fumble that was recovered by Michael Griffin, and Chris Hope, Nick Harper, and Michael Griffin each had an interception. Michael Griffin really should have had another one in the fourth quarter, but he made up for it in overtime. Four of the five turnovers were inside the Titans 30 yardline, making them even more meaningful.
- Win the fourth quarter. ✗ We failed at this one. We lost the fourth quarter 15-0 to the worst fourth quarter team in the NFL and allowed them to get back in the game. A 24-9 lead going into the fourth quarter needs to mean that the game is over, but we kept letting them get their way once Keith Bulluck came out.