- Forget about the past. This bye week is giving the Titans a clean slate to work with. Forget about the first six games before the bye. It's a new ten game season to work with. It's safe to say we aren't making the playoffs, so might as well give it your all and try to get some wins anyway. Play with all your heart, and don't give up. If we lose, it's no surprise. If we win, it will be a confidence booster. I hope the players got their rest out of the way during the bye week, because it's time for ten straight weeks of tough battles.
- Win the turnover battle. Four interceptions and four fumble recoveries is all the Titans have obtained this season. They have lost nine interceptions and nine fumbles, which combines for the most turnovers in the league. Coach Fisher emphasized ball security numerous times during the bye week, but it's impossible to coach how to prevent fumbles because it's usually a good defensive play rather than a careless play by the fumbler. If we give them the ball with good field position, we don't deserve to win.
- Run the ball. As always. It's necessary to run the ball early and often. This also controls the clock, which we couldn't seem to do last time around considering the Jags had the ball for ten more minutes than we did. Pound, pound, pound with Lendale White, Chris Johnson, and even Vince Young to tire the defense and get back to smash-mouth Titans football.
- Slow down David Garrard. Last time we played these Jaguars, Garrard threw for 323 yards and 3 touchdowns. A struggling team can not win by letting a mediocre passing game have a game like that. Vincent Fuller and Cortland Finnegan should be back playing, and Michael Griffin says his problems have been taken care of during the bye week.
- Let Vince Young get comfortable early. Obviously Vince's biggest threat is not his throwing ability, it's his ability to scramble out of the pocket. If he starts playing poorly to begin, expect another long day. Throw some short, easy throws to prevent turnovers early. Let VY get a feel for the game that he has been out of for 22 games.
Jaguars vs. Titans : 5 Keys to Victory
By Aditya T (smashville) Updated