Thoughts and observations from the 3rd quarter:
- I still don't understand what happened on the Titans first offensive play of the second half when Ahmard Hall ran out of bounds. It could have been a huge gain for the Titans. I also don't understand the camera angle CBS used there.
- Biren Ealy almost made the first catch of his career. It was actually a bad throw by Vince. He had a huge window and threw it high.
- On the 3rd and 7 play that was a dump off to Hall, it looked like Vince just stared down Hall the entire time. That doesn't make much sense.
- Mawae was a trooper to snap on field goals and extra points even though his calf wouldn't allow him to play offense.
- It was really nice of the Chiefs to hold every time they made a big play.
- The Titans missed a lot of tackles in this game. They were really lucky it didn't come back to haunt them.
- Norm Chow made a great play call on the 2nd TD pass to Roydell. The Titans had a lot of success early in the game with the wide receiver screen. The Titans faked that, and the entire Chiefs defense bit.
- Michael Griffin played a really good ball game. He had great coverage every time they threw at him, and his interception was a great concentration play.
- I like the read option Vince ran on the play where he got called for an illegal forward pass. I am not sure that it was forward. It was parallel, but the rule does not say it has to go backward, just that it cannot go forward.
- Vince was playing more like himself Sunday than he has all season. I love the play where he is getting sacked and flipped it to Chris Brown. Those are the types of plays he should be making.
It was really good to see a quarter where the Titans had some life.