With the 23rd pick in the 2014 MCM Mock Draft, the Kansas City Chiefs, represented by JamesCarterTV, select....
Photo courtesy: Robert Hanashiro-USA TODAY Sports
Marqise Lee, WR, USC
Anlysis from JCTV:
In this scenario, the Chiefs would love nothing more than to trade down and take a corner or a guard, but seeing as there are no trades in this mock draft, they have no choice but to take the best player available at their biggest position of need: wide receiver.
Despite finally having a viable quarterback under the helm, Dwayne Bowe’s productions last year was one of the worst of his seven year career, catching only 57 receptions for 673 yards. It’s clear that he can no longer be trusted as the long term option. Furthermore, the Chiefs’ leading receiver last year was Jamaal Charles with only 693 yards, so it’s safe to say the Chiefs would love to add another pass catcher. Enter Marqise Lee.
From day one, Marqise Lee would be the #2 option in Kansas City, surpassing the likes of Donnie Avery and AJ Jenkins. While his play reminds me of Pierre Garcon, his 6’0, 195 pound frame is very reminiscent of Jeremy Maclin, a receiver that Chiefs head coach Andy Reid drafted and was very fond of in Philadelphia and would love to replicate in Kansas City. Lee’s route running and run after catch abilities would make him a great fit in Reid’s offense and give the Chiefs a weapon they desperately need.
The Bengals, represented by Black Helicopterz, are now on the clock.
MCM Draft recap:
1. HOUSTON TEXANS: Jadaveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina (Jimmy)
2. ST. LOUIS RAMS: Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson (WelshTitan)
3. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS: Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville (Xanpham)
4. CLEVELAND BROWNS: Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M (danomite)
5. OAKLAND RAIDERS: Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M (Dynamic Dreadlocks)
6. ATLANTA FALCONS: Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M (Noles)
7. TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS: Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo (Chrasher)
8. MINNESOTA VIKINGS: Anthony Barr, OLB, UCLA (leerafuse)
9. BUFFALO BILLS: Eric Ebron, TE, UNC (TitansNDCClothing)
10. DETROIT LIONS: Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State (Ian)
11. TENNESSEE TITANS: Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh (Titans_Firefighter)
12. NEW YORK GIANTS: Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn (theoriginal)
13. ST. LOUIS RAMS: Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama (WelshTitan)
14. CHICAGO BEARS: Calvin Pryor, S, Louisville (jerlindsey)
15. PITTSBURGH STEELERS: Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan St (@TitansFanatic9)
16. DALLAS COWBOYS: Kony Ealy, DE/OLB, Mizzou (Sweet Tea Harvey)
17. BALTIMORE RAVENS: Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan (Pratt)
18. NEW YORK JETS: Brandin Cooks, WR, Oregon State (coachadkins50)
19. MIAMI DOLPHINS: Zack Martin, OT/OG, Notre Dame (Ice)
20. ARIZONA CARDINALS: Blake Bortles, QB, Central Florida (Shrapnel)
21. GREEN BAY PACKERS: C.J. Mosley, ILB, ALABAMA (abeck)
22. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES: Odell Beckham Jr., WR, LSU (trevor)