Brace yourself for tweets, here they come. These are the thoughts, predominantly Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean, about what the Titans might do in free agency.
As for #Titans FA approach, I can't see a huge early spending spree like last offseason at start. They'll pick their spots— Jim Wyatt (@jwyattsports) March 8, 2014
They should be in play at a number of positions, though, from OL/DL, LB, to even RB and QB at some point. Plenty depends on $ #Titans— Jim Wyatt (@jwyattsports) March 8, 2014
As for CB, thinking they'll lose Verner bc of the $. They like their young CBs, so not in panic mode. Forget about Cortland Finnegan return— Jim Wyatt (@jwyattsports) March 8, 2014
Arthur Jones expected to be in heavy demand. The Tennessee Titans could be a strong fit, per a source. Will be several teams involved— Aaron Wilson (@RavensInsider) March 8, 2014
There a few key takeaways from this early barrage of tweets:
1. The Titans do not expect Alterraun Verner back, unless the market is substantially less than what Verner was imagining.
2. Tennessee is looking to add more beef in the middle rather than edge rushers.
3. Even though they won't start strong, the Titans expect to spend a good amount this year.
4. Karlos Dansby is one of the top targets, and the Titans may overpay to get him.
5. Antonio Smith (a penetrating NT) is a potential candidate for the Titans, which further shows that the Titans are deviating from the "Pittsburgh 3-4"
I will try to stay on this as best as possible, so while this story won't update, keep checking the page for tampering news.