It's no secret that the first preseason game is a warm up, the second is a little more serious, and the fourth is essentially UDFAs competing for a shot on the roster or PS. You will notice that I didn't mention the third preseason game and you may be asking why? Well, because the third preseason game is the closest thing to a real game in the last seven months.
So, you may be asking, "Will, why is it important and what should you watch for", luckily for you I have a list of ten things to watch for on Saturday.
2. Can Jake Locker keep up his accuracy?
3. How will Lavar Edwards look against a starting OT?
4. Is Greg Williams going to finally call consistent and "exotic" blitzes to cover up for the deficiencies at LB?
6. Can Jackie Battle finally seal his spot on the opening day roster?
7. Will the Titans go with more of a 3-4 look (not really a true 3-4 but an inverted 4-3 with an OLB walked down and a wide-9) to help contain running backs?
8. Is Tennessee going to use Justin Hunter effectively this week (down the field).
9. Can Alterraun Verner finally stop this nonsensical CB battle?
10. How will Brian Schwenke look in his first action at center?
*Bonus: Will Bernard Pollard finally make an impact tackle this week or can we see more of George Wilson.