Jonathan "Tig" Willard is a hero. Willard, who is an undrafted free agent linebacker from Clemson, was on his way to Nashville from South Carolina yesterday when he saw a car that had smoke coming up from out of the hood. Willard alerted the driver to pull over just before the car became engulfed in flames according to TigerNet.com (click the link to see a picture of the burning car).
Here is part of what Willard told David Hood of TigerNet:
I was just glad that we got the kids and all of them out of the car, he said. I was thinking that I was just doing what everybody else would do, but there were cars just going past us and no one else was stopping, so I don't know if that is what would happen or not.
It might be an uphill battle for Willard to make the Titans's roster, all though he did lead Clemson in tackles last year, but he has already made a huge impact as an NFL player. These are the types of stories you love to hear.
More from Music City Miracles:
- Tennessee Titans News Links: Tape a Cheetah to Her Back?
- Besides the 1999 SB Team, Which Titans Team Has Been Your Favorite?
- Where does Titans training camp rank in excitement level across the NFL?
- Titans training camp: Justin Hunter says he is ready to go
- 2013 Rookie Linebacker IDP Fantasy Football Rankings