Thaddeus who? Thaddeus Stevens, famous 1860s Congressman? No. The former Ohio State Buckeye and fourth round pick, Thaddeus Gibson.
- 3-4 OLB/4-3 DE
- 25 years old
- 6 ft. 2 in. , 243 lbs.
- Born and raised in Euclid, Ohio
- Attended Ohio State from 2006-2009
- Drafted 116th overall (4th round) by the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2010
- Was cut by the Steelers in his rookie season due to depth at linebacker in order to make room for another player
- Has been a player or practice squad member for the: Steelers, 49ers, Texans, Redskins, and Bears in three seasons
- 10 sacks in three seasons at Ohio State, 4 in his junior (RS) season
- 13 tackles for a loss in his senior season
- 2 forced fumbles and an interception in his senior season
- Has 3 tackles and a forced fumble in the NFL, all in one of his four games as an NFL player, which was in 2010 for the 49ers
Overall, I think Gibson definitely has a chance to make the 53-man roster, unless a strong veteran pass rusher is added to the roster. He won't get starting reps, barring injury, but will play some special teams and get a chance to rotate in at defensive end. The journeyman may have for his last stop for a few years here in Tennessee. As a former 4th round pick, he has the potential to be a good player, but he has to prove it to the coaches.