Welcome back everyone! I'm here with another edition the Titans draft pick tour after a previously scheduled break called real life. This time, we'll be looking at a familiar face to a few MCM folks. You can find previous episodes here: Daimion Stafford and Khalid Wooten
Player: Lavar Edwards
Height/Weight: 6'4 280
School/Class: LSU, Redshirt Senior
Measurables: 4.75 40, 33" vertical jump, 9'11" broad jump, 7.03 3 cone drill
- Edwards has been battle tested in the best conference in college football, the SEC. He has played in 51 total games, starting 15 of those contests.
- A relative unknown given the absurd amount of defensive end talent that was in front of him, and actually outproduced Sam Montgomery, who openly admitted to taking plays off like a selfish moron.
- He has been used in a variety of packages, playing NT in some looks.
- Has the proper build to not have to come off the field in run down situations.
- Will the increase in notoriety and more playing time get to him eventually, both physically and mentally?
- Was he hidden behind his two superstar teammates and therefore, will he be exposed in that scenario?
Edwards has a very good chance of receiving major playing time this season as he's arguably the best backup defensive end this team has at the moment. He fits what the Titans looked for in their ends this offseason, a big and physical end that can hold up in run support. Edwards isn't the most flashy player out there but he gets the job done in most occasions. Some people are saying that he might end up with a better career than his much more heralded teammates, Barkevious Mingo and the aforementioned Montgomery. If he gets a chance to learn under one of the best pass rushers in the modern era in John Abraham, all the better. I really like the pick that finally addressed the glaring and almost blatant disregard for defensive end depth.