So I listen to a descent amount of national radio, and find the quarterback position in the NFL particularly intriguing. I have compiled a few thoughts in the weeks since the regular season, and I am quite curious as to what you all think.
1. I will not entertain any change of direction at the QB position. I think the QB position has been overblown in recent years. Jake is athletic enough, and no entertaining option is every cheap. I read that the Titans might be a dark horse for Alex Smith, and frankly this would nauseate me. Alex Smith is Kerry Collins 2.0 in my opinion. For good and bad that is.
2. Why can't Jake Locker be Russ Wilson? They ran the same 60 time. Is Jake not intelligent? Are the Titans building a crappy system? Are these players around him just garbage? They ran almost an identical 60 time @ the combine. Jake has a stronger arm, and is bigger. Russ is probably a tad more accurate, but I think frankly both need to be more accurate. I watch Russ and I tend to scratch my head as to why Jake cant make this happen.
3. The Tennessee Titans need a DOMINANT offensive line. This MUST be the first priority. The Titans worst player is likely Griff, but the reality is that if Jake Locker does not take steps forward this season we are looking at a true disaster. We can let our D continue to grow, or wallow, or whatever.
4. I understand the hatred for Gray. I think he deserves serious credit for how much they overachieved in 11. They unfortunately did not replace Cortland inside, and they had the heart of their D injured for a lot of the year. There is something to be said for continuity, and I think this staff deserves a 3-4 year sample size. Meaning that, 13 is the first year that serious progress is required. Jerry, Jake, and Munch namely.
5. I love this site. Happy New Year.