LOS ANGELES CA - FEBRUARY 19: NFL player Terrell Owens shakes hands with Shaquille O'Neal of the Boston Celtics as they attend NBA All-Star Saturday night presented by State Farm at Staples Center on February 19 2011 in Los Angeles California. (Photo by Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images)
Here are some interesting stories from today:
- It was reported that Terrell Ownes ran a 40 in the 4.4s today in his tryout with the Seattle Seahawks. I fully expect them to sign him in the next 24 hours.
- Another Texas quarterback bites the dust- the Browns announced today that Brandon Weeden will be the starting quarterback for the Browns this season. Now the reports are that Colt McCoy wants to be traded. Is there anyone in the NFL that would want him?
- The Jaguars finally agreed to terms with first-round pick Justin Blackmon, but there is still no movement on Maurice Jones-Drew. That is too bad for them.
- ESPN reported this morning that the NFL would be willing to reduce Jonathan Vilma's suspension to 8 games if he drops his lawsuit against the league. That makes you wonder if they have the evidence to win said lawsuit.
- David Garrard was at the top of the first depth chart the Dolphins put out. It will be interesting to see if he beats out Ryan Tannehill.