Well I'm fairly new around here, but I've been trying to be a bit more active. And to that end, and since today has been incredibly boring, I'm going to post a few of my predictions for the year...we'll see how much I embarrass myself when 99% of these are wrong.
1. Jake Locker Starts Week 1 Against the Patriots: This one could obviously be proven wrong within a week, and I may change my mind after the 3rd preseason game. But as of this very moment in time I believe Jake will start. It just seems to me that Munchak and co. are ready to start the Locker era and since Hass hasn't totally destroyed Jake in camp, I expect that's exactly what will happen.
2. The Run Game Will Be Better...But Not Great: I say better because let's be honest, just about anything will be better than last year. We upgraded one guard spot and hopefully the center also. However, I'm a little afraid we're going to end up with the center that couldn't beat Eugene Amano...if that doesn't scare you, nothing will. I know that's a little vague of a prediction so I'll put a number on it. CJ will get between 1350-1450 yards.
3. Jared Cook Tears It Up: There's been a lot of hate towards Cook on the site for the past 24 hours due to his drops last night, but I have a feeling he turns it around when it counts. Why?.....$$$ The guy wants a big contract, and players seem to magically become studs in their contract year. As a bonus prediction: the same rule will apply to Mr. McCourty.
4. The Defense Is Better Than Many (including myself) Expected: Last night I think we got a taste of what Jerry Gray plans to do on the defensive side of the ball. In my opinion the most important thing a defense must do is GET PRESSURE! And I really think Gray understands this. Mr. Klug and Mr. Wimbley in particular will have big years. Unfortunately our defense is pretty inexperienced and thin in a couple areas, and I think those things will prevent us from becoming a top 5 defense. But I do think we'll crack the top 15.
5. The Record: After looking at the schedule, it's pretty tough but at the same time, trying to determine how tough a schedule is before the season starts is like going to community college...it's a fun little distraction but in the end does it really matter? Having said that I'll say our record will be....9-7. We'll make it to 11-5 if we win every game that I think we have a chance to win but that never happens.
Well that's my first fanpost so please go easy on me. I can tell this Noles guy is a bit of a ball buster so please don't tear me a new one. I welcome some debate and other opinions though.