The game got off to an awful start when a Matt Hasselbeck pass bounced off the hands of Nate Washington and was taken the other way for a touchdown. Things didn't get much better on the second drive when the Titans managed a first down but had to punt after Chris Johnson ran for 1 yard on first down and dropped a screen pass on third down.
The defense then came out on the field for the first time and allowed a 15 play drive. The only good thing that came out of that drive was the fact that they were able to hold the Seahawks to a field goal.
Hasselbeck came back on the next drive with a couple of nice throws but was unable to put any points on the board because he threw another pick on an attempt to Damian Williams.
Jake Locker got his chance next. He was shaky on the second drive after not really getting to throw on the first drive, but he led a nice drive right before the half that ended with a 32-yard Rob Brionas field goal. Neither quarterback was great, but if you had to pick a winner tonight, it would be Locker pretty easily.
Click through the jump for some bullet point observations.
- Colin McCarthy is a stud.
- Chris Johnson looked the same in this game as he did last season- very little burst and curled up before he got hit.
- Kendall Wright is an exciting player. He was probably in the wrong place a couple of times, but he is dynamic when he gets the ball in his hands.
- Jamie Harper should be very nervous after the performance of Darius Reynaud in this one. We will have more on Reynaud in the morning.
- Shaun Smith was on the field at the end of the game. That means there is a very good chance he is not making this team.
- KG will have some observations of his own a little bit later.