With the 82nd pick in the 2012 draft, the Tennessee Titans selected none other than the Michigan boy Mike Martin. This man is to drop an anchor for the defensive line with Jurrell Casey for our Titans.
Let's look into Mr. Mike Martin...
- He recorded 206.5 tackles in high school (Wiki)
- Martin played in 49 games in college, starting 37 at nose tackle
- Mike recorded 172 tackles in his four years on the varsity team
- He also recorded 10 sacks, many while at nose tackle
- He was elected All-Big Ten second team in 2010 and 2011
- Mike Martin was born September 1, 1990 in Detroit, MI
- He lived in Michigan through college, only moving out of the Great Lake State to be a Titan
- He didn't start wrestling until his junior year in 2007, in which he WON Michigan's Division 1 state heavyweight wrestling championship, only to successfully defend his title in 2008 as a senior
- As a sophomore, he ranked as the #1 junior dog handler for the American Kennel Club
He stands 6'2" and weighs 306 lbs
- He also played saxophone for his high school's marching band, even during halftime
- Along with this all, he was a boy scout
The expectations for Mike Martin are huge. He is to come and be a dominant and balanced defensive tackle with Mr. Jurrell Casey. They both will be anchors for this defense in the future. He is to be more of a run blocker, but based off of how our new pass rushing coach is treating our players, I wouldn't be surprised to see him rack up at least four sacks in his rookie season.
He is also expected to go along with Kendall Wright in not being a diva. Luckily, we have a group of high-character, young, and motivated players here in Tennessee. Mike Martin be a forced to be reckoned with in 2012 with his strong rookie campaign.