Good morning, MCM. Today I continue looking at the newest editions to the Titans roster. I've gone down the line of the draft and have reached the fourth round. In the fourth round, our beloved Titans finally took that cornerback that many experts believed should have been taken in the first round. Coty Sensabaugh, the former Clemson Tiger, is now a Tennessee Titan.
- Mr. Sensabaugh has recorded four interceptions in his four seasons of college football (well, five, considering he was redshirted in 2007). He recorded one interception each year.
- He recorded 97 tackles in his four seasons, 48 of these in 2011.
- He never forced a fumble, sacked the quarterback, or scored a touchdown.
- He ran a 4.42 at the combine.
(NFL Draft Scout)
- However, he did record 13 pass deflections in his 993 snaps in 2011.
- The 23 year old was born on November 15th of 1988 in Kingsport, Tennessee.
- He attended Dobyns-Bennet High School.
- Gerald Sensabaugh, the safety for the Cowboys, is his cousin.
- Coty stands at a height of 6'1", weighing 200 pounds.
- He was picked 115th overall, and his college number was #15.
- He was a team captain in his senior year at Clemson.
The expectations for Mr. Sensabaugh are not very high in 2012. I expect him to fight Tommie Campbell and Chris Hawkins for the 3rd corner spot. Although he may not ever start in 4-3 schemes, we can expect him to get plenty of play time in the dime packages with four corners.
Let's watch this short video of his lone interception of 2011. It was against Auburn to clutch the win (Warning: it gets loud).
He put his body on the line to make that great play. Although he didn't start until his senior season (per PFW), he did open many eyes. I expect him to be a huge contributor for the Titans within the next few years, although not necessarily in 2012.