I will be in Vegas this weekend for one of my best friends bachelor party/Draft weekend madness and we've developed a drinking game to help make the experience X50 times better!
Here are the rules;
1. each time Mel Kiper Jr. says one of his trademark phrases: “value pick,” “need pick,” “best available” and “that’s a reach.”
2. every time Kiper’s hair is referenced by another ESPN analyst.
3. every time an ESPN personality compliments a player’s suit.
4. each time one of the following is mentioned: Ryan Leaf, JaMarcus Russell, Matt Millen, Akili Smith, Ki-Jana Carter, Brian Bosworth, Tim Couch or Tim Tebow.
5. each time an analyst uses one of the following buzzwords or phrases to describe a player:
“motor” (as in “high motor” or “good-motor”)
“gets stuck on blocks”
“low center of gravity”
6. every time Kiper and Todd McShay interrupt one another (this could get dangerous).
7. everytime your favorite team has a draft pick.
Bonus: Your whole group drinks for the number of seconds corresponding to each pick of the draft (e.g., drink 15 seconds for the 15th pick).
1. if a team trades its pick.
2. every time a quarterback is referred to by his first name only.
3. if Brett Favre is mentioned at all.
4. if a selection gets on stage with seven or more people (friends and family).
5. if Commissioner Goodell states the wrong year when announcing a selection.
6. for every wide receiver drafted — but only the biggest diva in the room drinks twice. This is known as the “Diva Rule.” (You should designate this person in advance; of course he or she will object, because that person is a diva.) I choose Pratt!
7. for every offensive and defensive lineman drafted, but only the heaviest guy in the room drinks twice. This is known as the “Fat Guy Rule.” (The consequences of this rule will not slow the person down, given the guy’s extra body mass.) I know who that is
1. if a player gets selected, then traded, then must hold up a different team’s jersey. This is known as the “Eli Manning Rule.”
2. if the Lions or Raiders draft a wide receiver. Drink again if you’re a Lions or Raiders fan.
3. if the selected player turns out to be on a boat bass-fishing. This is known as the “Joe Thomas Rule.”
4. if Jets fan boo the Jets’ selection.
5. for every pick that passes with only one person remaining in the green room. This is known as the “Brady Quinn Rule.”
1. If analysts discuss a player’s “character issues”:
a) drink once if the issues pertain to drugs.
b) drink twice if they relate to an incident(s) involving assault and/or battery.
Drink until one of the members of your party cries, vomits, or both:
1. if the Minnesota Vikings fail to get their pick in on time.
2. if Ben Roethlisberger is busted for another sexual offense during the broadcast — but under no circumstances may you vomit on an 11-year-old girl.
Let me know if you have any you want to add!
Feel free to play as well!