For the most part, I think everyone here has talked ad nauseum about the potential players we could draft. I like the idea of whoever wants to participate being able to show up and just throw a player they like into the pool of players, and then go with the majority vote.
It allows everyone to participate equally, everyone to be an equal decisionmaker in the process, and allows anyone, whether you’ve been a longtime member or relative newbie to participate.
We will follow the below format in the War Room that will be posted the time of the draft.
For Example, Who do you want with 20th pick? Player A, B, C, or D. Most votes wins. And by votes we mean "Yes" comments under the players name.
See a special note from Noles after the jump, He is both our GM and the entire Mocks Commissioner.
Plus Scroll ALL the way to the bottom of the comments thread to see my Titans Big Board for the first two rounds. Edit and adjust to your liking by commenting and posting your own big board, 5 picks or so per round. (I know most won't agree where I ranked S. Hill)
MCM will have a vote on each of the picks in this 7 rounder. Here are the rules:
General MtD Rules:
1. The first round will be timed at 5 minutes per team, 2nd (4 minutes), 3rd and 4th (3 minutes), and 5-7 (2 minutes each)
2. If a team misses their turn, I will use the BPA list each team rep has sent in via email to me.
3. I will grant an additional 60 seconds for a trade to process if requested by both parties
4. No 2013 draft picks will be allowed to be traded. Only 2012 picks!
5. More rules and regulations will be posted later as needed
1. Each MCM member has 1 vote and 1 vote only.Nothing more or nothing less, no matter how experienced you are on this site.
note: We will be voting by a list of 5 or 6 prospects based on BPA from the spreadsheet that will be made available before the draft. The idea is to wait until 4 or 5 picks before our turn to narrow down the list into a single candidate. As the GM in chief, I have designated either myself or deaconbrodie to provide such a list to present to MCM.
2. In the event of a tiebreaker, I will be the final vote cast that matters most if consensus cannot be built. No questions asked.
note: as we are limited by time, you will have to make the votes quickly should you choose to participate. I will be going by what's on my screen at the time (however many recs there are behind a player).
Edit: 1 person will post a comment with a player's name on it and you should reply with yes vote if thats who you want, or suggest someone new. Someone should tally up the votes and get it to me.
3. Do NOT be pressured into a vote for a certain player by other members' right or wrong opinions. Vote for yourself.
4. Like deaconbrodie said, compile a list of 5 or 6 players you see falling to each pick that we have before hand (today, tomorrow, early Friday). At that point, I'll compile a list of potential candidates to break down.
Well everyone now knows the rules and we should be good to go by Friday. The rules are officially concrete as of this writing and cannot be modified towards anyone's favor, including myself. I hope to see most of you on Friday night! Enjoy!
OH and dont be confused by ALL the below comments. They dont necessarily line up with this article. I used the old article to display the new information. It already had 12 recs, therefore it woudn't get washed out by all the other posts.